Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomann T.racks DSP26 (Marani)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redngold77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thomann T.racks DSP26 (Marani)
    Posted: 04 December 2016 at 6:19pm
Anyone have any experience with the Thomann LMS units? Particularly the DSP26. From what I can tell it is the same as a Marani DPA260P - the software is the same.

Looking at this over a DCX due to the extra flexibility in terms of routing (stereo tops, stereo mids, mono kicks & mono subs not possible on DCX from what I can see)

Cheers
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 6:39pm
don't know the thomann unit, but the routing on the dcx is totally flexible. you just unlink the outputs (been ages since i used it, so don't remember clearly how...)

used to use it just like you've said. 1 sub 1 bass 2 mid 2 high.
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 7:07pm
DCX can do that. No personal experience but others have said Thomann sounds bad

It's everything, not everythink!
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2016 at 7:14pm
DCX is a much better unit, the Thomann does not sound as clean, if you know what I mean. 
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2016 at 10:03am
Used the t.rack dsp a while ago before the behringer ultradrive.. The track is very basic. Limiters are rubbish, output Distorts if driven too hard and oh while I remember the fucker blew up mid way gig. So to answer ur question.. Spend the money on something else 😀
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2016 at 9:20pm
i don't think its the same as the marani units as I own 2 of the maraini's a 36 and a 48. it may be oem made by marani but with cheaper components, same look but at that price defo far cheaper components. the marani's new are 3 times that price. img stage line also sell re branded marani units.

Edited by bee - 14 December 2016 at 9:24pm
https://www.elements-audio.com
 Post Reply Post Reply