Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 way soundsystem project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sicoroots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 way soundsystem project
    Posted: 12 December 2016 at 1:21am
Greeting community !

I've been reading the forum to answer some of the questions I had about a project I'm working on and decide to join it...

I'm working on a sound system project to be used in our monthly Vinyl night. We spin 45's Jamaican music vinyl...depending on the night can vary form Ska to Roots and Dub..

The system will be used mostly indoor in a Pub type of place.

The plan I have in mind is : 

2 x 15" bass scoop boxes that are already built, for drivers I've been advised about JBL 2200 series 600 W 8ohm, they are a bit pricey though..

These will be powered by QSC MX1500 1500W amp
FTC Watts Per Channel 350 W 8ohm / 500 W 4 Ohm
EIA Watts Per Channel 400 W 8Ohm / 600 W 4 Ohm

I will not be adding more drivers to this cabinet so I was wondering if I should get 4 Ohm drivers so that the power output from the amp is a bit higher.

2 x 12" Mid bass cabinet powered by similar amp, haven't decided on which driver in particular. Anyone can suggest something they are happy with ?

would take some suggestion on the Highs part....

For these I would have to build the boxes, I'm talking to a friend about possible configurations but please let me know you'd suggest something...

I would have one amp for the bass scoops , one for mid/high Left and one for mid/High Right with active crossover

This should do it for my needs as an indoor/pub style event. One I get some experience with it I can plan to expand it, for the moment the possibility of moving it around fairly easy is also something I'm considering.

Can anyone throw some light on this please....?

thanks a lot !

Post Reply Post Reply