Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hog scoop for P audio ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaztaSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hog scoop for P audio ?
    Posted: 27 December 2016 at 9:25am
Hi!Smile Guys im wanderin if this driver is suitable for hog scoop P audio GST 181500 ?
Any Help would be much Appreciated Smile

Maz.....

Edited by MaztaSound - 27 December 2016 at 9:31am
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 11:31am
Qes = 0.52, qts = 0.50.

Driver is cheap, crap.

Look for something like V18-1000, B&C 18TBX100, PD1850 (Series 1).

Edited by levyte357- - 27 December 2016 at 11:44am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
MaztaSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaztaSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 1:44pm
Hi Sir levyte thanks the quick  response Smile, Can you tell me what the best sub cabinet is suitable for this kind of driver  , cuz i already have this driver ?

Edited by MaztaSound - 27 December 2016 at 1:49pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by MaztaSound MaztaSound wrote:

Hi Sir levyte thanks the quick  response Smile, Can you tell me what the best sub cabinet is suitable for this kind of driver  , cuz i already have this driver ?

Very big reflex box.

Find online reflex box designer, or download free version of WinISD.

Read manual, about entering driver parameters into WinISD driver database, then use it to calculate cab volume and twin tuning ports.

Maybe online calculator around that can give you volume/dimensions.

Maybe Paudio have recommended design.

If I were you I would sell driver(s).

ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 5:24pm
I haven't got access to my PC to do any simulationsuggestions but P-Audio driver specs sometimes need to be looked at in more detail. A lots of their drivers have higher Q values than we are used to working with but sometimes when you actually simulate them or try in practice the responses actually turn out ok.

I'm not saying it's necessarily the case with this driver but I wouldn't write them off on Qts alone.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by ceharden ceharden wrote:

I haven't got access to my PC to do any simulationsuggestions but P-Audio driver specs sometimes need to be looked at in more detail. A lots of their drivers have higher Q values than we are used to working with but sometimes when you actually simulate them or try in practice the responses actually turn out ok.

I'm not saying it's necessarily the case with this driver but I wouldn't write them off on Qts alone.

Good point. Thumbs Up
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Qes = 0.52, qts = 0.50.

Driver is cheap, crap.

Look for something like V18-1000, B&C 18TBX100, PD1850 (Series 1).

Wouldnt agree it is cheap crap, but doesnt really look like a scoop driver at first glance.

It looks like it would go really low in the right reflex box, but as pointed out, potentially will need a fairly large reflex box to achieve best results, but you 

If you want scoops, you probably have the wrong driver.

If you want to make use of the drivers you already have, it needs to be a reflex box, but it will work best below 90/100Hz as it has a fairly heavy cone.

Could 'kind of' work in something like a G-Sub - but you would want to make the ports a bit longer to tune the cab lower.

just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 10:44pm
I wouldn't rule out a ported horn or cubo type box, 150-180L tuned to low 30’s, you should be able to make it work a little higher - 120Hz ish without much problem. Motor specs aen't to shabby, high qms.
MaztaSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaztaSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 12:49pm
Thanks everyone for your very useful information , there's a reflex box design for this driver from p audio sites but if someone here wants to sim it on some enclosure design like bandpass or ported horn or any design please message :) I wanna have a 2nd option , btw I'm planning to use this driver for outdoor gigs
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by MaztaSound MaztaSound wrote:

Thanks everyone for your very useful information , there's a reflex box design for this driver from p audio sites but if someone here wants to sim it on some enclosure design like bandpass or ported horn or any design please message :) I wanna have a 2nd option , btw I'm planning to use this driver for outdoor gigs

This is what happens, when you buy drivers, without getting advice first.

Would really suggest you sell the driver(s), and buy something that is much more efficient, and compatible with the cabs you intend to use.

Outside gigs, are better with horn loaded cabs, unless you intend to take out lorry loads of sound,  each time.

Post Reply Post Reply