Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Limiter on Void V18-1000s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Limiter on Void V18-1000s
    Posted: 30 December 2016 at 12:26pm
What's up,

Just got a Behringer Ultradrive and need to set limiters to stop my Proline 3000 clipping my V18-1000s.

Completely new to setting limiters and the rest so can anyone help me understand what threshold to set my limiter at?

Drivers doing 30-80hz business

Big thanks and a happy new year!
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2016 at 4:49pm
Basically - Wind it down till you can't get the clip light to come on. This is likely to be right at the bottom of the limiter's adjustment range on the DCX ie -22db to -24dBFS. Best to do this without the speakers connected, or with a dummy load if you have one (eg four electric kettles and a Speakon-to-4x13A adapter). For sub, use the maximum release time of 4000ms. 

Once it is set, try not to run with the limiter constantly on - not always easy I know, but you will have a much more dynamic and lively sound if the limiters are just flashing rather than constantly lit.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
 Post Reply Post Reply