Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone serviced stanton turntables?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottylaroq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone serviced stanton turntables?
    Posted: 06 January 2017 at 3:04am
Hey all

pulled a set of stanton t.90s out of storage the other day, and they aren't working. Both were working fine when put away, and spend about two years in somewhere not especially damp (though sometimes quite cold). They are both exhibiting the exact same fault, power the unit on, and the strobe turns on, but none of the other lights do and all buttons are unresponsive. decks wont spin.

I've taken one apart, noticed a bit of corrosion on the main socket IC under the fader, so i cleaned the socket and pins and reseated the chip, reseated every ribbon connector, and re flowed pretty much every solder joint on the boards annnnddd.... still the same exact fault.

im stuck(as is the service dept at the company i work for, a pretty large north american pro audio company), i know replacement parts are available but don't even know what to buy, even after much googling. hopefully someones fixed some of these and knows whats gone off if none of the logic is working?

emailing gibson(stantons parent company) has been of limited use. anyone have any leads/ideas on this?

Post Reply Post Reply