Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which amp would you choose...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerronimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 1:18pm
Yes, can't go wrong with the TSA amps!
Run one 4-1300 on double 12 + cd and it rocks, 3 year no fuss warranty from Thomann is also nice.
Replaced qsc mx3000a and 1500a combo which was a pain to lug around and was getting a bit old and tired.
Never looked back!

mousaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mousaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 3:59pm
I need driving 4 x 21" scoops with http://www.eighteensound.it/Portals/0/PDFs/21LW1400.PDF
I would like to try the bridge mode
What do you think of this amp ?  http://saeaudio.com/tx-series/
1 amp for 1 box in 8 ohm or 1 amp for 2 box in 4 ohms or the superior model ?

Edited by mousaka - 08 February 2017 at 4:12pm
mousaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mousaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by confused.com confused.com wrote:

Some of the members here had a huge amount of grief dealing with an outfit called stravens audio, the guy running that business was convicted of fraud recently. If this is the same outfit then keep well clear and get the amp somewhere else.

Thanks !!!  i have update my post

I was directly in business with SAE http://saeaudio.com/tx-series/

Edited by mousaka - 08 February 2017 at 4:11pm
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 4:17pm
PKN XD6000 is not expensive and lovely sounding on any freq. range. No need to bridge and drives perfectly 4X 21LW1400.

Also lot more efficient, powerful and have way better dynamics than previously mentioned amps + equipped with PFC.
mousaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mousaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 4:24pm
The SAE TX3600 has a PFC too and deliver 4500w in bridge 4 ohms for a little budget
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2017 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by mousaka mousaka wrote:

The SAE TX3600 has a PFC too and deliver 4500w in bridge 4 ohms for a little budget

Have not you checked its datasheets? The SAE can deliver 4500W with very narrow duty ratios (for 20ms 1K Burst..) only.

Little budget = Little sustained power

Still no info it is "Good Class-D" or "Bad Class-D" ? :-D
I meant the sound quality, does it have true output feedback? Load independent freq. response?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12