Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 4 channel amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 9:09pm
Three 1K resistors, wire a 1K in series with pin 2  and pin 3 and use the third resistor to link pin 2 + 3 in the xlr at the amp end, will give approx -10dB and wil still be a balanced line.
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 11:26pm
Ofcourse that the gain of the amp itself wont change. I expressed little  bit wrong...
It will have 32 dB gain in regard to limiter setting. He need to set limiters and output gains on the LMS in a way as he has a 32 dB amp.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Marko Marko wrote:

Ofcourse that the gain of the amp itself wont change. I expressed littleĀ  bit wrong...
It will have 32 dB gain in regard to limiter setting. He need to set limiters and output gains on the LMS in a way as he has a 32 dB amp.

Or he can just type 38 in the dB Gain section on his new processors output channels
Marko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 1:09am
And I'm shure he will do that.

My post, altrough will work, was not complety serious hence the smile on the end. I would use this technique only in the absence of all other mentioned solutions. After the warranty period I would probably modify the inputs inside the amp to have all amps on 32 dB gain and not think about it anymore.
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 1:31am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Originally posted by citizensc citizensc wrote:

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Get a DI box to attenuate the input signal.

Just baught a linea asc48, hopefully that sorts it. 

Thats a cheap way to sort it :-)

Aahahah, a new processor has been on our shopping list for a while, lower limiter threshold isnt the only reason for getting it. 
italmick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2019 at 1:00pm
has anyone tested this amp on bass section?
HyggeJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HyggeJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2020 at 8:12pm
I am looking at the 2-channel versions, but they have different power specs from the 4-channel versions.

Andy, have you tested any of the 2-channel amps the same way that you did Q10 and Q7?

HyggeJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HyggeJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 12:19pm
Hmm... Not much activity here :-/
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 10:14pm
If you ask a question of a guy that's not been on here for a month,  on a thread he wrote in 2 years ago,  you might have to wait for an answer. 
mrtitolee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrtitolee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 11:29am
How does this jam amps compare to Peavey ipr2 series amps
Tee
HyggeJJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HyggeJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 12:30pm
True.. and I did wait 10 days, before I posted the follow up :)

Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

If you ask a question of a guy that's not been on here for a month,  on a thread he
wrote in 2 years ago,  you might have to wait for an answer. 

Edited by HyggeJJ - 23 March 2020 at 12:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819