Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camco Amp Channels Sound Different?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camco Amp Channels Sound Different?!
    Posted: 18 January 2017 at 6:52am
Hi Guys,

I bought a Camco Quadro Vortex 3 power amp the other day as a used item - it's a fairly high quality 4-channel 750w into 4ohms pro amp. It seems to work alright, but it's had a bit of a hard life.

So I ran a simple audio test yesterday, to see if all 4 channels sounded identical to each other. I ran a mono MP3 signal into one of my NEXO PS8 boxes. I ran it through channels a, b, c and d, to make sure they all sounded the same. Unfortunately they all sound a fair bit different to each other, which really bugs me.. I'm afraid I'm not getting the epic quality out of the Nexo PS8 system that I was expecting, due to the amp's possible failings, if there are any.

Could one of you [very] knowledgeable chaps offer any advice? I've had the official Camco service dept tell me just via a few quick emails that if all 4 channels are working it's probably fine, but at that point, they didn't know that all 4 channels sounded different. Something seems wrong with it possibly.. could it be tired and old, or does a perfectly working old flogged amp still sound literally identical to the same model when it was new.. their sound doesn't "wear", as such?

Other than ship it off to be fixed somewhere, can I do anything myself if it's an easy fix?

Thanks Very Much.

Edited by StuMur - 18 January 2017 at 7:43am
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 9:24am
Id send it off. If some channels have been repaired before with non genuine parts.. I.e cheap Chinese parts then many why it sounds different. Also may need channels rebiasing if previously been repaired.
 Post Reply Post Reply