Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Double 18" for 35-80Hz?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanielIt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 6:57pm
The ideea is instead if moving 8x186 bass bins arround to just move 4 doubles.The manpower is not an issue as we have truck and ramp.On the subs we have 2 F218 like kick cabs.so we are looking for 35Hz to 80 mainly.
Measure twice...cut once.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by DanielIt DanielIt wrote:

The ideea is instead if moving 8x186 bass bins arround to just move 4 doubles.The manpower is not an issue as we have truck and ramp.On the subs we have 2 F218 like kick cabs.so we are looking for 35Hz to 80 mainly.

That would be Lab Subs however, you would need to follow the same principal and use 12 inch woofers. In blocks of four you should achieve around 28 Hz and, they are useless above 80 Hz (Not efficient as a short horn) based on the length of the horn.

Jeff (Pineapple Tribe) Nine Bar, owned I believe 12 Lab Subs in which, he used at Notting Hill Carnival years ago.

Best Regards,   

Elliot Thompson
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 8:17pm
8 singles would be much more versatile re stacking options though.. (arrays)
BPHs, specially 18" on kick for techno, hmm..
If you like the sound of the existing BPHs just build some more and possibly add dedicated infras to cover 30-50ish only?
Other option - go for proper FLHs if you mainly do large events with big stacks of 4+ per side/block, specially with that type of music in mind..

t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 3:54am
How about some double cubo 18 extended.. Should do 35 to 80 well
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 8:11pm
just buy some void trinity x and all your worries will be over.....
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 9:29pm
You really are having a hard time shifting those!
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 9:30pm
id give them a good home..... im skint tho so probably not what your after lol

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 9:39pm
people keep wanting 2 so i haven't let them go. silly really as i could of sold them all, lol. They're brilliant cabs i just have to many. i think people are just scared of owning 21's, choosing the cheaper option over more bass. its takes a special kind of crazy to be in the 21 club Wink
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 9:49pm
wouldnt mind hearing them sometime tbh lol but i cant afford such things myself lol
id say they are fairly practical compared to some bass options i mean you can use less than 12 to start with and it will still work
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 10:02pm
Its funny that you should say that they're practical, i got them for this very reason. Smaller, lighter, louder and lower than the stasys x which i sold and when you stack them up, the ports are still the correct way around (unlike the stasys x on their end )

some people are under the impression that they are huge and unmanageable which they are simply not ! i can move and stack them by myself (you wouldn't believe me if you saw me though) LOL
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 10:12pm
i tend to go as big and as inpractical as i can lol 
i cant drive or mix so no chance im doing an event alone anyway lol
but yes they are more practical/scaleable than a stack of 30hz flh type cabs in theory
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12