Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

macro tech 5002 vz odep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: macro tech 5002 vz odep
    Posted: 21 January 2017 at 8:30pm
Hi all
I have had a good read on the forum searching for clues,
Went to gig fired the beast up and channel 1 odep is not on. The amp played the signal no problem, no distortion ioc behaving as normal. Took the lid off to check any diagnostic led, none lit.
No dc on output either.
I realise its got to be checked, but anyone else had this. The search brought up loads of odep light malfunctions but all coincided with amp going into protection which mine does not....

Any help appreciated

Edited by valve head777 - 21 January 2017 at 8:30pm
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 9:13am
Have u made sure the switches are correct behind the foam grill on the front. Top left and right remove black foam and u will see two switches. Make sure they are in vz mode. Also could be a faulty odep light if channel works as normal.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 12:48pm
Hi thanks for response,
I did check the vz switches, both in vz mode. Amp is needing a clean internally so that may shed more light. I did.know i was chancing it, but it ran bass with no other problem!
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 3:03pm
Maby a fault with the odep circuit or the led it's self. Worth testing the led first as they have been known to go.
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 3:07pm
Will do, its on the list!
 Post Reply Post Reply