Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bms 4595ND driver perameters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bms 4595ND driver perameters
    Posted: 04 February 2017 at 1:28pm
Any one know where I can find the driver parameters for the bms 4595 ND? TIA
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 4:57pm
Parameters???
Best regards,
Teun.
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 7:04pm
specs for the driver are on there website if that's what you need

if im not mistaken they were used by ohm in many models and from memory I think they were crossosed over at 1200hz
pasi would be able to help you further with this
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2017 at 7:22pm
Are you after Thiele Small parameters? Presumably to design a horn flare? It won't work in quite the same was as modelling low frequency designs, a lot of things change with regards to air loading and standing wave resonances etc as you go up in frequency. Assumptions about how waves travel are no longer often the case.

If you search threads relating to Unity Horns on DiyAudio I think there were some TS parameters posted for various BMS compression driver models.

With compression drivers you also have to consider that TS parameters will not help a lot, because the enclosure is essentially already there for you. The analog to a driver is the diaphragm, which inside a compression driver is already mounted with front/rear volumes, phase plug and mouth. What you have to design is the horn flare that couples it to free air loading efficiently and gives the dispersion you want.

Post Reply Post Reply