Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions on Sub designs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryRenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions on Sub designs
    Posted: 24 February 2017 at 8:45pm
This is my first ever post on this forum.

I needed help with sub design as I am thinking of building Dual 18" Martin Audio S218 inside design and giving it exterior look like RCF VMAX (I will be keeping the outside measurements as of RCF) and using RCF L18 P300 drivers.

I have a friend who copied exact same design of Martin Audio and uses P300 drivers and his system sounds amazing.

Will my idea of Martin Audio design to be used in VMAX measurements work ?

p.s. - I am newbie in this but where I come from, the exterior looks matter a lot.

krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 2:05am
hi
the vmax has shelf ports and the s218 has triangular ports, both do the same job but a different solution

if you want something with shelf ports look at the g sub on here it looks similar to the vmax

or you could just get some grills made up for the front on your 218's to look like the vmax grills

either way no one on here will help with the design as there current commercial design and against the rules
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2017 at 8:00am
Originally posted by HarryRenes HarryRenes wrote:

Will my idea of Martin Audio design to be used in VMAX measurements work?

Use WINISD to sim the driver you can then work out suitable box volume and port length and make a box that size that's right for the driver.

Edited by JonB67 - 26 February 2017 at 8:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply