Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to fix TSE 111

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknotice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to fix TSE 111
    Posted: 01 March 2017 at 11:17am
Hi SP,

Looking for some help to get two TSE 111 working.

For argument sake all drivers need replacing. I've gone down the diaphram route, they still dont work. I want new or different comp units. And new or different mid units. 

Will crystal pro or LMC be able to get what I need? Are there any aftermarket replacements I could use instead of trying to track down ancient turbo components. I just want them working, theyve been sat doing nothing for three years. 

Or someone could make me an offer with them in a spares or repair state. 

Cheers.
'why on earth do you need this much amplification?!'
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 11:30am
speaker sol has a pair of the 10" drivers (ls1004)
Teknotice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknotice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 11:33am
I hope he sees this thread :D
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 11:42am
message him?
Teknotice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknotice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 2:15pm
Yeah still would need the comp units 
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 1:18am
The comps are either EV or Beyma, easy, the 10s are Either Turbo or Turbo, you have no choice.

If they still have the PX4 passive boards in, bin them, they never worked, fit Nl4s and bi-amp the boxes...

Teknotice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknotice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 3:29pm
Hi,

They are biamped. 

Any link to buy the whole comp units (either of them) then Shagnasty?

Cheers
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 4:59pm
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 5:01pm
Also, as an aside Make you are running 250>5K3Hz LR24 on the 10s and and 3K15Hz > out on the 1", don't let anyone suggest you go lower than 250 and remember on TSE-118 or similar the 10 & 1" are 180 deg out of phase with the bin!
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 6:25pm
I have 1 LS1004 left. PM if you want it.

Good luck with your restoration project, It can be a lot of fun.
Teknotice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknotice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

Also, as an aside Make you are running 250>5K3Hz LR24 on the 10s and and 3K15Hz > out on the 1", don't let anyone suggest you go lower than 250 and remember on TSE-118 or similar the 10 & 1" are 180 deg out of phase with the bin!

Thanks for that, great to know a tried and tested frequency range rather than the manual ones.
 Post Reply Post Reply