Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

linking tweeters without impedance problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudeboy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: linking tweeters without impedance problems
    Posted: 10 March 2017 at 1:06pm
Hi guys, I'm a rookie and I'm finishing building up my first rig for a 5way reggae sound system. I'm starting with a 2 bins rig and I've not had impedance problems with all ways ( 2 speakers each linked in series on one amp channel ) except for the tweeters because I have 4 DE35 and I'd like to run them all on one channel of my Thomann E800 how can I do this without having any impedance problems? 
Followin' the vibes
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 1:27pm
If they're 8 ohm drivers then you can wire them in series-parallel to keep the overall load at 8 ohms for all 4 drivers.
Basically you do two drivers in series, then put that pair in parallel with the other pair, also in series.

If you had enough headroom, you could do all 4 in series, for 32 ohms but that increase the chance of you not getting enough HF.

Edit - added image

Edited by DMorison - 10 March 2017 at 1:29pm
Rudeboy94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudeboy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 9:38pm
thank you very much!! That will work :)
Followin' the vibes
 Post Reply Post Reply