Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C 21SW152 Otorn tapered horn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Tapped Horns go lower than Folded Horns but, not as low as a Reflex. There are some that must use horns. Those that fall into that category will find Tapped Horns exceptionally good. For those that use Reflex cabinets, Tapped Horns will sound as if they lack the low end extension commonly found in Reflex cabinets. 

The hype behind the Tapped Horn is based upon Tom Danley. There are lots of people that respect his design schemes and feel exuberant creating one of his designs.

Best Regards,   

A tapped horn is definitely half way between a Front loaded Horn and a reflex.

As such it is a valid way of designing an enclosure and has its place. Especially where a user might prefer efficiency over size. A double reflex may match it but will use double the drivers and power.

Its not all hype, its just another choice.

Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 4:00am
I don't think it's to do with reputation hype at all.

Danley hardly gets mentioned in discussions of tapped horns these days. They're just accepted as another standard loading arrangement like bandpass or ported horns.

Tapped horns can go low also. Not at their maximum efficiency level but you can dial it in on the EQ if you need it. THAM15 (187 litres external) in 1Pi is still 100dB/Watt @1m at 38Hz.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
Ricci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:11pm
Exactly. These days it is another tool in the toolbox. Sometimes a BR makes sense, sometimes a TH, sometimes a BP variant, etc...Depends on the application. 
Mushky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 9:52pm
can you share me pdf of othorn I also have a lot of trouble foundConfused

acharle55300@gmail.com
Ricci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2018 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Mushky Mushky wrote:

can you share me pdf of othorn I also have a lot of trouble foundConfused

acharle55300@gmail.com

PDF's for the Othorn, Skhorn and Gjallarhorn are free to download from the Data-Bass forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123