Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

austin armstrong 409c

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 3:17pm
Afraid no date sheet I'm not so sure there were any when these amps were first built
The 414c I think was 490 per channel at 4ohms and the 409 300 per channel also into 4 4ohms.
These amps are not 2ohm stable so don't be tempted to try it.
The person to speak to about these amps is Richard or Monitec as he's known as a member on speaker plans as he was one of the original people involved with Austin armstron/Monitec (both the same company basicly)

http://forum.speakerplans.com/member_profile.asp?PF=3336

Edited by colint - 26 March 2017 at 3:22pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
coolboarder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolboarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 4:44pm
Thank you very much colint. That are some good hints.

Tedkoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tedkoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2017 at 11:20am
Hi, yes I know quite a bit on Austin Armstrong Amps. I was at school (Cambridge Grammar School for Boys) with the late Dave Collins and I designed the original C Audio logo for him back in the day after he had started Chesterton Audio and MM. I did all the graphic design for C Audio and carried on designing for them even when Harmon took over (I had also for years designed for Mike Harrisonand Hazel Simpson HH, HIT and HEL material as well as Neve). After his C Audio days (that's a whole War and Peace size book story...) Dave started Monitech that morphed into Austin Armstrong. I did all the Graphic Design for both those companies. I still have a 4 channel Austin Armstrong 2400 that has behaved impeccably. I sometimes used it to drive 4 x Bose 802s with the MkII Bose equaliser and 2 x Celstion SR4s... each channel pumping into 4ohms... I seem to recall we beefed up the fans and I had a temp control circuit that could be switched on and off for the fans.
After Dave died in Aug 1995 in my car Richard Collins (no relation) carried on servicing  the Austin Armstrong amps and worked on the Cepiar amps. Richard is a very knowledgeable electronics engineer and knows the Austin Armstriong amps inside out and still lives in CCambridge (Impingdon). He has worked for Pulsar and still does servicing and still will service/repair Austin Armstrongs... He is on Face Book and and a presence on the net. He has an ASS rig and does PA hires. Good sound engineer. Nice guy and as I said very knowledgeable on those amps as he helped build and design them! I have included a link to some material and a circuit diagram for the 2400. Ring Richard and tell him Ted from the Lonely (band). Hopefully he can help or repair service the amp. That's his living so he is there! Cheers and good luck.
http://www.niteline.co.uk/
07831 726873
01223 234053
https://d3uepj124s5rcx.cloudfront.net/items/2k2u2p3i143L3v202u0Y/Austin-Armstrong-2400-1.jpg
https://d3uepj124s5rcx.cloudfront.net/items/23103601121A3p301n2A/2400%20mk%20II.jpg

Can get me on Cambridge_design@yahoo.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12