Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ID this bin!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momadance22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ID this bin!
    Posted: 22 March 2017 at 5:23pm
Can someone ID this bin? Looks to be production, but I cant tell for sure and its a long drive to check it out. 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg/6048901383.html

Thanks!!
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 5:31pm
Bass =/= Enough
momadance22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momadance22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 5:41pm
Hey Darkstar-

Thanks for the link, however I am already aware it is a W-Bin. 

My question was mainly, can this particular bin be identified? The seller is not familiar with the item itself, and it is now currently in a storage unit. Because he cannot easily access the bin, he cant even give any product information for me to match an amp to test with. Because I have a loooong drive to even see the item, I was hoping the rather unique carpet/paint scheme would be recognized by someone one this site :)
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by momadance22 momadance22 wrote:

Hey Darkstar-

Thanks for the link, however I am already aware it is a W-Bin. 

My question was mainly, can this particular bin be identified? The seller is not familiar with the item itself, and it is now currently in a storage unit. Because he cannot easily access the bin, he cant even give any product information for me to match an amp to test with. Because I have a loooong drive to even see the item, I was hoping the rather unique carpet/paint scheme would be recognized by someone one this site :)

Being visually identical to the plan I've posted I don't quite believe it's a production bin at all, anyone can throw carpet on a box and usually it's individuals doing that to save up on the paintjob.

Edit: it does have some minor differences, jack input might suggest it is quite a bit old. I don't quite understand what kind of difference would it make to know make and model, that if it's production.
What kind of use would you make of such box? It could make sense depending on what you're planning to do with it.

Edited by Darkstar - 22 March 2017 at 6:03pm
Bass =/= Enough
momadance22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momadance22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 6:10pm
I am building a system for my burning man / festival bus. Currently I have a B52 matrix 2000 system. The tops are enough for my purposes (20-60 people outside the bus) but the single 15' sub is not cutting it with the house/dubstep my friends enjoy.

I would like to run this bin separate from the Matrix system for an added bass boost but at the same time understand W bins sometimes dont hit below 50hz. 

That said Im at a crossroads with this cheap W-bin of unknown specifications vs building/buying a single 15/18'' hog scoop.
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 7:12pm
It looks quite old (design, box, drivers) to keep up with modern sound material, you also have to keep in mind that mixing horn loaded and bass reflex doesn't really go that well all the time. Chances it would add up nicely and fill the gaps is very low in my opinion.
Seeing the specifications of your B-52 system it is quite obvious that the single 15" sub isn't cutting it, if you consider human ear sensitivity over frequency and declared SPL of the single components there is a considerable amount of low end missing.
I think the simplest thing to do would be to add one or two 18"/15" reflex boxes, either active or passive, as you obviously can't/don't want to get rid of the single 15".
Bass =/= Enough
 Post Reply Post Reply