Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp headroom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by fatfreddiescat fatfreddiescat wrote:

A good read about loudspeaker protection:

A good read but not very helpful for those who do not have a limiter with various limiting options. A manufactures motive is always aimed to wards their products. It is better off IainB trains his ears to detect when he is driving his system too severe. Having better understanding of his sound system will also enable him to lower the chances of component failure.

Best Regards, 

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 24 March 2017 at 7:23pm
Elliot Thompson
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 4:33pm
Some 'slight' miscalculations sorted (limiter was a long way where it should have been, in as much as it would have been cutting really early). Went with the Matrix rather than the Pulse, as its a better match.
Sounds really crisp run up in the house, though somewhat lacking in bass.
Going to drop another db or 2 off the tops once we get to the venue Saturday (well after seeing how the current settings sound) but I think I need more bin and less top.
Setting this up HAS driven me mad, but has also given me a better understanding of whats going on than the 'plug and play' Ive used before.
Would have been interesting to run this up against the old HiSys4s I used to use Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12