Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setting up AVC2s & multiband compression

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 7:23pm
seen a few jungle DJs up close and the only one's I have any respect for are Brockie and Hype. Brockie was really nice and one of the few artists in my career who has been polite enough to come over after his set and say 'thanks, nice rig - really enjoyed mixing on that'.

some of the others were shockingly bad - left me wondering why me and my mates were working for peanuts when we could engineer and mix better. one night Pendulum cancelled at my local club (if they were ever booked). my mate got £100 quid to put on a baseball cap and pretend he was Pendulum - no one noticed. average DJ is 60% ego, 35% drugs, 5% talent.

anyone else been told at the end of the night that you aren't getting paid properly when some muppet has just been payed £1K for an hours work? that's why we hate DJs.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2017 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by DJFatFingers DJFatFingers wrote:

Ah! Humour. Or at least the smiley shows that you believe so.

◦Fat fingers? Have you seen me?? Do you know me?? Why are you name calling??
◦Constant red lights? Have you seen me?? Do you know me?? Do you know the kind of work that I do??

◦Did you bother to read what I wrote previously or did my writing style offend you so much that all you could do was launch an attack on me??

I like to be able to read my posts, simple.

Lighten up Barrie.

It was a light hearted dig at the bold, because its not far off PEOPLE WHO SHOUT ALL THE TIME (fat finger on the caps lock button, see...) and they'd also get a dig from more people, because internet....

Failing that, try 'Accessibility' options in your OS if you struggle to read posts. Then it'll apply to everyone's and not just your own, which must be a 'win' situation eh?

But to clarify, no I wasn't name calling or launching an attack. It was a light hearted way of saying 'Take it off bold please, ta', whilst sticking with the age old 'DJ bashing' theme that gets revisited periodically (must be the solar cycle or something).
Of course your retinas aren't burnt from the red lights, that would be absurd, even if I had some evidence that you did indeed run them at full (rather than just tape them over to avoid the glare)
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2017 at 1:47pm
Oops wrong avc2 thread :)

Edited by 4D - 03 April 2017 at 1:50pm
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456