Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LED Uplighters (Outdoor)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonavc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED Uplighters (Outdoor)
    Posted: 30 March 2017 at 8:24am
Hi Guys

Any suggestions for LED bar (uplighters) that are outdoor rated and on a cheap budget.

So far I have found the Lanta Orion Link V2 to be really good however not IP65 rated. Cheapest seems to be Thomanns Stairville.

I have also been recommended to sourcing direct from China (alibaba) ?

Any suggestions, reviews etc ?

Cheers
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 3:06pm
Outdoor and cheap do not usually go together, for obvious reasons. You can try sourcing direct, and you can get amazing "deals", but know that for every penny you try to save the quality of the product will decrease. If it's a permanant install you might find it easier to build your own waterproof housing.

BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2017 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by londonavc londonavc wrote:

Hi Guys

Any suggestions for LED bar (uplighters) that are outdoor rated and on a cheap budget.

So far I have found the Lanta Orion Link V2 to be really good however not IP65 rated. Cheapest seems to be Thomanns Stairville.

I have also been recommended to sourcing direct from China (alibaba) ?

Any suggestions, reviews etc ?

Cheers

I remember that Batmink were listing some Visage IP44 bars www.visage-lighting.co.uk/shop/result/category/ledbars at a good price on eBay a few months back, no idea if they cleared them.  IIRC Jon Coker (Croker?) is the chap to contact.  Visage are expensive but generally very good - have some of their uplighters and some of their bars.

Edited by BJtheDJ - 30 March 2017 at 5:24pm
londonavc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonavc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 7:54am
Thanks guys

These will be used for events and perhaps dry hires, not permanent.

Lanta Aurora series are discontinued otherwise they would of been excellent.
intensesound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intensesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 5:50pm
Njd led bars I have 2 left for sale if you want as a tester they have only been used twice
 Post Reply Post Reply