Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

is it just me?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is it just me?
    Posted: 14 April 2017 at 4:09pm
Is it just me, or does everyone using Safari on mac (doesn't do it on chrome) have a viglink page pop up whenever a link from eBay is clicked on posted on here?

You can't polish a turd!
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 2:54pm

Its not just you.....

This was also happening with Firefox on windows 10 as well but seems OK now, again didn't happen with Chrome.

BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by cookie-dj cookie-dj wrote:

Is it just me, or does everyone using Safari on mac (doesn't do it on chrome) have a viglink page pop up whenever a link from eBay is clicked on posted on here?

Running Win7.  Deffo happening with me; a couple of weeks ago links eBay links from here were taking me to eBay.ne in Holland, complete with Dutch language.

Just tried (from another thread here) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soundcraft-EFX8-Mixing-Desk-Mixer-with-Lexicon-FX-Effects-Band-Karaoke-PA-/322481162155?hash=item4b156007ab:g:WV8AAOSwTM5Y7iM5

and clicking that link takes me to http://www.viglink.com/shop/query/soundcraft+efx8+mixing+desk+mixer+with+lexicon+fx+effects+band+karaoke+pa+

If I carefully select the text and copy it and then paste that into my browser, it takes me to the correct place.

Edited by BJtheDJ - 15 April 2017 at 7:31pm
gen0me View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 7:16pm
Still not working?
I had it few days/week ago. Now it works normally. Android.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 8:54pm
If you let viglink take you somewhere, look for a link on new page saying, "why am I here", click that, and there is an easy to find "opt out" button, that saves a cookie to stop you being redirected.

It was a way for the forum to be funded, so click through to ebay, from SP, gives them 1p, or something similar!
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 8:55pm
I click opt out every time but it still redirects me
You can't polish a turd!
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2017 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

If you let viglink take you somewhere, look for a link on new page saying, "why am I here", click that, and there is an easy to find "opt out" button, that saves a cookie to stop you being redirected.

It was a way for the forum to be funded, so click through to ebay, from SP, gives them 1p, or something similar!

Two Page Downs and there it was in tiny writing - but it's a link that worked and eBay links now work fine for me.

Many thanx Matt.

cheers  BJ

Edited by BJtheDJ - 15 April 2017 at 9:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply