Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-Mark MR2450 manual.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobthelogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C-Mark MR2450 manual.
    Posted: 26 April 2017 at 12:40pm
Hi,

I am looking for either a manual or a circuit diagram for a C-Mark MR2450 amplifier.

I have one fan that runs slowly all the time and one that doesnt.

are they dual speed fans or on all the time ? Are they on thermostats ?

Is there a replacement fan available to retrofit ? 

Any information greatly appreciated.

Regards
Dan.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 9:11pm
yes they're dual speed. There's a n.o. bimetallic thermostat on each heatsink which switches up to fast when they're too hot. They normally run at a slow-ish (still quite fast) speed when you power up.
If one isn't running at all I'd suspect the fan itself, they're the cheapest brand known to humanity.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

bobthelogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobthelogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:39pm
Hi.
Thanks for your reply. I have looked inside and the fan is only 2 wire 24vDC so I suspect they are ok. I have swapped the suspect fan from left hand side to the right and it works. The thermostats on the *working side seem to be n/o , and when I disconnect them the fan stops and I get a red fault led on.

Am I correct in thinking they are one speed 24v fans, that when stopped the heat sink overheats and then switches on the fault led as an indication ??

Any information appreciated.

Regards
Dan

bobthelogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobthelogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:40pm
Sorry, that should be n/c.

Dan.
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 11:24pm
there are 2 thermostats per channel, one on top and one underneath. One is an overtemp cutout and is N.C. The other is the fan speed control and is N.O. When the heatsink gets past 60 degress C the NO one closes and the fan goes from slow to fast. If the amp continues to heat then the NC opens and puts the channel into protect.

Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply