Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pioneer MEP700 error code...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lionpawsoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pioneer MEP700 error code...
    Posted: 26 April 2017 at 6:13pm
Evening all,

Does anyone have any experience with the Pioneer MEP700 rackmount cdj/usbdj?

I am playing WAVs from USB and probably 70-80% of them work without a problem. Certain tracks however produce error code e8305 which, according to the user manual means:

'Although the extension of them music file (MP3/AAC/WAV/AIFF) is correct, the description within the file is not in the supported format.'

Can anyone shed any light on what this means, why some files might be like this and how to correct them?

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version and the files in question work perfectly well on computer and via USB in cdj2000s.

Thanks in advance!
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 7:21pm
Check the bit-rate of the files that won't play. Don't know the unit myself, but have had other units that won't play anything above a certain bit-rate etc etc.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Daniel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 8:15pm
Usually the files that are troublesome are those with variable bitrate.
Distortion is evil
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 1:38pm
also check the ID3 tags of the MP3 - some that had pictures in the tag didn't work well on CDJ400 - try removing the tags and try again?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 1:39pm
hang on, ignore me - you said WAV not MP3. i would doubt VBR WAVs exist. perhaps they are not 44.1khz Stereo and maybe something higher?
lionpawsoundsystem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lionpawsoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:56pm
Thanks for the feedback chaps - they may well be super high bitrate files ill have a look.
 Post Reply Post Reply