Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade from thams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade from thams
    Posted: 27 April 2017 at 3:12pm
Hi guys

I normally use 4 tham 15 for party's I do for about 150- 200 people and it has been fine. But recently for some good reason the number has increased to about 300(good for business).
I was thinking about 4 cbe cyclops. Do you think this will be fine for 300 peeps.18 inch drivers will be RCF. For the tops I have 4 dual 12 mid high cabs all with rcf drivers and love them.

Mike
TMH Music View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMH Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 8:46pm
If you like the sound of the tham 15, why not just build more?
Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious
bcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 8:58am

Hi TMH

It will mean that I need more amps then. I can sell the thams and then  it would not cost me much more for the cbe.

Mike
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 10:34am
I think any upgrade from 15's to 18's will be a significant improvement. And the CBE's get very good reviews so i doubt you will be unhappy moving up ;) 
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 11:32am
the cyclops is a good option, the other thing you may want to look at for a single 18" tapped horn is the keystone sub, which also gets very good reviews.

k
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 12:25pm
We have 4 x SS15 tapped horns and have just added 2 x Keystone subs to our system. They add so well to the whole sound giving that 18" depth that the 15"s can't do. We used the  18" B&C SW115's which are a power hungry driver so if you do the same make sure you have a decent amp !

.p.
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
 Post Reply Post Reply