Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cubo 15 Extended, Cubo 15 kick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cubo 15 Extended, Cubo 15 kick
    Posted: 30 April 2017 at 9:16pm
Enough of my faffing LOL
After flat pack Cubo 15 extended x2 together with Cubo 15 kick x2, close to North Herts / North London, in Ply 
Any recommendations?
Would possibly consider pre-built un-loaded at a push
Thanks  

Edited by IainB - 30 April 2017 at 9:27pm
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 9:33pm
Plunge saw with track?

That's about all you're saving with a flat pack; if you want to round the corners you'll need a router (to rebate) anyway.
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 10:08pm
That is probably the best idea, as im sure once Ive built these I will want to do more! Just nervous for a first build.
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 10:48pm
Find a someone local with a decent table saw.

My local guys cut the ply for my cubo 12, miters and all mm perfect for just €20 (good price).

I have a track saw but still struggle to get things mm perfect. Only takes a couple of mistakes befor it starts costing more...

But yep still a lot of work between a bunch of pannels and a finished cab.

Good luck and enjoy.

Edited by Speaker Sol - 30 April 2017 at 11:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 12:21am
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

That is probably the best idea, as im sure once Ive built these I will want to do more! Just nervous for a first build.
Looking at this just to see how I get on ...

As Sol indicated, accuracy is everything. The Titan will have a wobbly rail and a blade good for ripping lumber. Ideally you'll want a Mafell, Festool or Bosch,
but in the real world I've achieved astounding results with a fifty quid Parkside from Lidl or Aldi. I did fit it with a Bosch blade and Festool rail, so now I've got precision and accuracy, without the reliability, for a third the price...

Table saws are lovely, but don't pack away with the vacuum cleaner when you're done. I'm also aware of the number of woodworkers I've known missing bits of fingers. Plunge/rail saws are so much safer.
rosssss224 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosssss224 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:59am
B&Q then ask a local joiner to do the baffle/ mitres. I've built 6 cubo with this method. The accuracy could better but it works.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by rosssss224 rosssss224 wrote:

The accuracy could better...

If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.
Which usually means taking the time yourself or paying for skill and experience (over and above B&Q panel cutter's).

Having built from both kits and raw sheet, I can assure you there's as much work and skill in assembly and finish as there is in panel cutting, and plenty of routing that can't be done in advance or on a CNC rig - panel trimming, rounding, corner rebating etc. If you're totally kack-handed you shouldn't be doing kit assembly anyhow, but the additional skills and equipment needed to measure and cut panels is so minor (assuming you can use a router safely) that you'd recover your cost and efforts after just a couple of builds.

It is possible to make good cabinets with just a plunge saw and a router if you're willing to learn and make mistakes. Mistakes make for good bracing, dolly boards and bird-boxes anyhow.

Edited by I-shen Soundboy - 01 May 2017 at 1:29pm
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 2:34pm
It's everything, not everythink!
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

If you take your time the below WILL suffice

http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-erb690csw-185mm-plunge-saw-240v/3875p

Ah, not sure why my link doesnt work, but this one looks better equipped and has the associated clamps (which would have been an additional cost), thanks

p.s. still gutted Cry

Thanks everyone for your input, as always much appreciated, been a LONG time since Ive played with wood (last proper time was during my aero engineering apprenticeship) so im sure there will be some wastage along the way 
 Post Reply Post Reply