Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BSS 9088iis Fan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSS 9088iis Fan
    Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:30pm
Hello

Just purchased a 9088iis to go in to a instal for a unknown period of time.

Does anyone happen to know what fan's are in this? Keen to put a new fan in before they go, Units have not arrived yet.

Jace
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 11:13pm
Do fans in such a seamless small units have a big impact on lifetime? I know it doesn't run at ice-cold temperatures all the time, but do components eventually heat up to the point where it would start malfunctioning?
I'm not trying to say anything here, just wondering as I find myself to be largely ignorant on such topic.
Bass =/= Enough
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 11:40pm
12V 40x40mm, about 10mm thick, mate.

Def worth a quick swap out and good dust down before it goes in, look for any Bulging caps on the PSU section while you are in there....
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Darkstar Darkstar wrote:

Do fans in such a seamless small units have a big impact on lifetime? I know it doesn't run at ice-cold temperatures all the time, but do components eventually heat up to the point where it would start malfunctioning?
I'm not trying to say anything here, just wondering as I find myself to be largely ignorant on such topic.

If the fan dies on a Soundweb, it'll overheat and die.  That little fan might not move a lot of air but it's enough to make a difference.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 8:17am
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

12V 40x40mm, about 10mm thick, mate.

Def worth a quick swap out and good dust down before it goes in, look for any Bulging caps on the PSU section while you are in there....

They're normally Sunon Maglev fans.  If I remember correctly there isn't much space between the case and the PCB so don't be tempted to try to upgrade to a thicker one for higher airflow.

Even if the caps aren't bulging, it's a good idea to change all the electrolytics in the SMPS section while you've got it open.  The main board will most likely be fine but the PSU tends to get quite warm which greatly accelerates the wear-out of the caps.
 Post Reply Post Reply