Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crown 3600VZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crown 3600VZ
    Posted: 09 May 2017 at 1:18pm
Firstly I'm not a fan of these. Smile Anyway a friend dropped one of for me to peruse. It looks like it's hardly ever beeen used, and I'm told  it has been connected to some shagged bass cabs.

ODEP LED out LH ch. A quick check reveals a few o/p devices and at least one diode. I'll need to remove bits to test further. 

So I looked online for a manual. On the Crown webpage you can download them, yes, but the diagram pages are now blank. HSE!!

Anybody got a diagram they can post or email? Then of course the subject of o/p transistors. Stick with matched or not. The school of Crown fixers is around 50/50 as to you must, or 'I have done this forever and no issues'.

Why would a retired old geezer like me look at this? Ha haa. Charitable. 
Billy Dawg.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 4:17pm
what's the name of that romanian guy on here, dj something?? I remember him posting about macrotech repairs
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 4:23pm
Elliot Thompson
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Here is the direct link for the service manual.

http://rdn.harmanpro.com/product_documents/documents/2736_1432925253/130366-1_11-00_ma3600vz_service_manual_original.pdf

Best Regards,

Thanks Elliot. That is the same. Scroll down to the schematics. They are blank pages.
Billy Dawg.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 6:27pm
Prior to the schematic section there are exploded views of all the components in the amplifier with a thorough listing of the parts. This is located in the "Parts" section.

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 09 May 2017 at 6:28pm
Elliot Thompson
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 6:40pm
I can see the component overlays Elliot, but nothing of diagrams listed as section 6. This is the same on many I have looked at. ' This page intentionally left blank' 
Billy Dawg.
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:19am
Good Luck!
I always replace all output devices (all even just one have failed from 12 per channel) with MJ21195-MJ21196 or MJ21193-MJ21194.

Check mosfets on VZ stages too, if failed, replace NE555 too! 

Salutations from Romania! Thumbs Up

Edited by DjLeco - 10 May 2017 at 12:25am
I'm A Stupid SMART Romanian...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 12:42am
Ha ha. Hi Claudiu.

I'm just very miffed that once again the circuit diagram (ENGLISH) (schematic) is not on the website. Last time I asked it was about health and safety.. WTF??

Not removed enough to check thoroughly yet as I was looking for a diagram, which is blank in all downloads I have seen so far. Yet another load of BS to me :) 

I can't open that file you posted without some 3rd party BS, which I never do. 

Edited by Muckerbarnes1 - 10 May 2017 at 12:45am
Billy Dawg.
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 1:07am
Click Up corner right on download link, or on individual parts.

Or try here, but excuse  sitehost advertisings (sex content)...

Or give me your email to send it directly.

Edited by DjLeco - 10 May 2017 at 1:07am
I'm A Stupid SMART Romanian...
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 7:28pm
Malc, try this   uploads/109/MA3600VZ_Main.pdf

It's the schematic part of the upload... can't get the rest to upload to SP as they're too big. Send yer carrier pigeon and I'll send the lot up.

Edited by djeddie - 10 May 2017 at 7:31pm
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
 Post Reply Post Reply