Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WSX Driver Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by IanD IanD wrote:

Low reference efficiency matters for subs if it's caused by low motor strength i.e. saving money. It's much less important (or even unimportant) if it's due to a heavy cone attached to a strong motor. Just look at the frequency at which the cone mass starts to make any difference to the response, it's well above the operating range of any good sub driver.

What matters for sub drivers is having a strong motor, plenty of Xmax and power handling, reasonably low inductance and good linearity, and a strong enough cone not to break up or tear. Many of these are incompatible with high reference efficiency...

And of course, being the right driver for the box it's installed in :-)

Agree with most of that. LOL

I'm no PD salesman/groupie, but PD1851/1852 manage nice sub notes, in right cabs with no of approx 2.2+.

Void V18-1000/18NLW9601 same.

Like many here, have tested, many drivers in many cabs, and know the difference in amp power/building supply needed, when dealing with sub drivers of  < 2.0%, and attempting to acquire plenty of SPL/air movement, @ 40hz.

Edited by levyte357- - 28 May 2017 at 1:52pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
manu55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manu55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2019 at 11:36pm
Hi guys, 

i have 10 martin wsx, and i want upgrade theirs drivers, but anyone knows if i can recone a dls801 with a reconekit L18P300. Thnxs for all information.SmileSmile
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2019 at 10:03am
Originally posted by manu55 manu55 wrote:

Hi guys, 

i have 10 martin wsx, and i want upgrade theirs drivers, but anyone knows if i can recone a dls801 with a reconekit L18P300. Thnxs for all information.SmileSmile

Which amplifiers do you use to drive your 10x WSX, and how many cabs per amp?

There are a number of drivers, that will give higher SPL, warmer sub than the standard RCF driver, however you won't get all those goodies, if sub amps not up to par.

Edited by levyte357- - 05 April 2019 at 10:04am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Clément307D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clément307D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2022 at 11:45am
[QUOTE=Brutus]
Hello, would it be possible to have the exact dimensions of this spacer? Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123