Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mosfet replacements please help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young simba sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:52am
im going to take your adice on this one anyway (last night during a power up one of my mid range amps blew) so money will be going to an engineer to fix this one instead, so......

i have a small quantity of various buz906 901 and 903 fets if anybody wants lol
scoops...yes scoops the only SUB for me
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:57pm
they're great for learning about holes in the tops of transistors, holes in the soft start part of the pcb and holes in your wallet.
I once had some new transistors (not lateral fets) from a supplier mentioned in this thread and they were short circuit out of the box. Got a refund however. I've also had fake parts although they were very good fakes...the Crown amplifier knew better though.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

young simba sounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young simba sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:14am
yeh i no, ive scrapped the amplifier for spares now, i also have a behringer ep4000 that i had switched on after a while which got extreme hot to the touch then smoke, though on inspection the only damage i can see is one of the hitachi transisters has completly cracked in half!!! Ermm
scoops...yes scoops the only SUB for me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234