Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compact Soundsystem Project - Mini Scoops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compact Soundsystem Project - Mini Scoops
    Posted: 21 May 2017 at 8:04pm
Hi,

I am gathering information to build a compact soundsystem. I have started selecting the scoops and according to what I have read on the forum the best choice seems to be the Shortman mini scoop. The thing is that it seems to be complicated to get them. It is not clear to me how I could contact the person in charge of the distribution and, as I am based in Germany, I have no access to the 2nd hand market.

I would be grateful if anyone can let me know the contact of the people who deal with these scoops.

Thanks in advance!! 

bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:41pm
pretty sure QSS soundsystem in bristol sells a quite similar cab.. wouldnt put my trust in "shortman" tbh.!

what sort of sound you intend to run, what "sound/tonality/throw" are you looking for?

corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:32pm
a lot o nice DIY in germany aswell if you know where to look ... Embarrassed
JPF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 7:00pm
Hi, 

Thanks for replying. I would like to start building a mini sound for roots reggae , dub. I will do it step by step calmly because it is supposed to be a learning proccess also. The first idea was a Shortman mini due to the the good reputation in therms of size-performance, but if its gonna be problematic I have no inconvenient in going for other mini scoop model. 

Corell I would be grateful if you could be a little bit more specific, I dont know where to look :)

So I would be open to suggestions.

BTW. I have found this on the internet, anyone knows who has designed it, and could give some feedback about it. The overall dimensions would be perfect...

http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/7189745500_1386340929.jpg

Thanks!!

bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:53pm
budget, knowledge, venue size, transport limitations, amp power, mains power etc. - many factors to account for when it comes to building a sound imo :)

have you ever heard such mini scoops? what sound do you like based upon experiences?
70,s hero View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70,s hero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by JPF JPF wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks for replying. I would like to start building a mini sound for roots reggae , dub. I will do it step by step calmly because it is supposed to be a learning proccess also. The first idea was a Shortman mini due to the the good reputation in therms of size-performance, but if its gonna be problematic I have no inconvenient in going for other mini scoop model. 

Corell I would be grateful if you could be a little bit more specific, I dont know where to look :)

So I would be open to suggestions.

BTW. I have found this on the internet, anyone knows who has designed it, and could give some feedback about it. The overall dimensions would be perfect...

Thanks!!

Top banana
 Post Reply Post Reply