Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini Mid/Tops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Two columns of 4x4 inch drivers is very optimistic for 200 people.
We have made custom boxes for the Merriott hotel with some other manufacturer 4 inch driver.
We made 16 boxes with 8 drivers each (note these are 1db louder, and double the power handling then the faital 4fe32) along with 8 15 inch bandpass subs for a 450 people ball room.
So two 4 driver columns might be ok for 200 people presentations or conference, but forget having a party with two of those.

They look very nice.
RosietheBand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RosietheBand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:32pm
I'm loving the idea of the Tham, but I'm wondering how they would pair with a 4x4 column speaker. If you recommend crossing them at 90 and the columns are only happy down to 180 I'm going to need to do something about the hole!

Edited by RosietheBand - 22 May 2017 at 9:37pm
With love and many thanks,

Rosie.

www.rosietheband.com
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 7:26am
Originally posted by RosietheBand RosietheBand wrote:

I'm loving the idea of the Tham, but I'm wondering how they would pair with a 4x4 column speaker. If you recommend crossing them at 90 and the columns are only happy down to 180 I'm going to need to do something about the hole!

Imho mutually exclusive. You would need a reflex as in wae's system to meet those columns at 180 hz. Adding a third "filler" cab defeats the whole point of the design.

You could of course do some simming in winisd to see if you could build slightly bigger cabs for those full range drivers to drop lower, but i suspect wae did his homework and chose the optimum xo freq for max level without overexcursion
RosietheBand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RosietheBand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Originally posted by RosietheBand RosietheBand wrote:

Imho mutually exclusive. You would need a reflex as in wae's system to meet those columns at 180 hz. Adding a third "filler" cab defeats the whole point of the design.

You could of course do some simming in winisd to see if you could build slightly bigger cabs for those full range drivers to drop lower, but i suspect wae did his homework and chose the optimum xo freq for max level without overexcursion

True, I'll have a play around with the Sims but you guys probably know better than me.

I'm thinking Tony Wilkes Q12 might be the perfect pairing - I'm not going to need mega-low sub with this system, I doubt it will ever see a kick drum!
With love and many thanks,

Rosie.

www.rosietheband.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123