Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SAE TX Series Amplifiers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SAE TX Series Amplifiers
    Posted: 24 May 2017 at 11:31am
Any one heard these? Can get them decently priced in Australia and with PFC it might be worth getting one to test out and use for when running small portable system on small generators.

http://saeaudio.com/tx-series/

vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 9:40am
No one?
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 9:55am
PFC + small genny might not be the best idea as the supply will pull more current when voltage drops, hence putting even more stress on the genny and so forth..

btw., i had good results/no issues running PQM8 off a Honda 20i inverter genny powering 4x15" Subs and some Tops..
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

PFC + small genny might not be the best idea as the supply will pull more current when voltage drops, hence putting even more stress on the genny and so forth..

btw., i had good results/no issues running PQM8 off a Honda 20i inverter genny powering 4x15" Subs and some Tops..

Good to know, I have a PQM8 but wasn't sure if it would be worth the risk running on gennys.

But still, was under the impression this PFC magic was good for gennys as it provided a constant load and didnt cause the things to gear up and down with the sub/kick?
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 10:15am
wouldnt run any gear on small/cheap/chinese petrol gennys, the inverter ones like the honda are quite solid though and dont "gear up and down" much in my experience unless theres huge signal spikes (mic without compressor for example stressed the genny more than regular musical spikes)
re pfc, it might help till a certain point of draw but after that point it stresses the genny, at least thats my understanding of it, might be wrong though..

we regularly do demo/parade trucks with that little setup on a honda 20i.. pqm8+xt800+dj gear and a 500w ballast load (lamp) - works well

Edited by bass*en*mass - 01 June 2017 at 10:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply