Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted: 37 pin Socapex connectors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted: 37 pin Socapex connectors
    Posted: 03 June 2017 at 4:51pm
Wanted!
Need one set of cable mount male and female
and some three sets of panel/chassis mount male and female.
Shipping to London...
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 6:41pm
I've got some bits, at least a pair of ends on a cable, and a panel mount female. Am in Stockholm at the moment but can check on Monday night when I get home
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 8:19pm
Hi James
Thank you, if you have a bit spare time to dig them out will be nice.
I picked this lot on ebay, the plan is to take the black cable, cut it in half, terminate the ends, have them as my left/right speaker cables.
With the long one on the left used for a quadro setup in some future, don't really fancy cutting the plugs off. 
That leaves me with three sets of panel mount connectors, 3 for the rack, and 3 for splitter boxes on other end, to be sourced somewhere.

Edited by amlu - 03 June 2017 at 8:22pm
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 9:15pm
Wrong thing for speaker cables, the pins are tiny! You'll probably find that cable is less than 0.5mmsq per core. You want 19 pin soccas and 2.5mm cable as a minimum really!
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 3:14pm
I have lots of drivers and not very powerful amps (class D boards ).  Can double or triple the cores for most loaded lines...
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 10:13am
Just buy socapex and wire it as per the Turbosound Flashlight PDF. Will make it easier in the long run.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2017 at 12:36pm
Bump! :-) Still looking for male/female 37 pin plugs for a fat cable and a job lot of panel mount connectors.
In case some turns up in someones scrap pile...

New plugs are more than £100 a piece :-(
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CEEP-9201-337PSC2-SERIES-92-37-WAY-IN-LINE-SOCKET-/180895770961?hash=item2a1e3a6951:g:fK0AAMXQDnpTa-Dr

Edited by amlu - 12 June 2017 at 12:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply