Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outdoor TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoryDanes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outdoor TV
    Posted: 14 June 2017 at 9:39am
Hi Guys!

Okay, so I Googled questions about outdoor TVs and found this forum so I know it clearly revolves around speakers but I need some good advice on outdoor TVs.

If you know about a suitable forum then you can gladly point me that way - but I would really appreciate the advice.

Okay so, first of all, I am a girl who knows basically nothing about TVs but I want to get my boyfriend an outdoor TV for his birthday. I just don't have a clue which one to buy. Embarrassed

I saw this post which gave me three simple options  http://www.outeraudio.com/best-outdoor-tv/ - http://www.outeraudio.com/best-outdoor-tv/. But I could really do with some help. Usually, I would ask my boyfriend which one to buy but since it is a gift for him - that obviously won't work. Should I just buy the biggest one?

Anyways, I would really appreciate the help. Smile

Edited by RoryDanes - 14 June 2017 at 11:46am
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 11:30am
"Outdoor tv"

...have you thought maybe a projector indoors facing out onto a dropdown screen on a tripod may work? Or even on a large 4foot by 8foot white painted fence panel might be a better option? THAT way you keep the electronics inside and away for the whether and you can repaint the white fence panel once a year to keep it looking good and also you are then no restricted to size of screen.

I have a low resolution mini projector form eBay that I mount on my car parcel shelf using a power inverter from the car lighter socket and a battery operated portable speaker on a nice long cable and park up against big light walls/surfaces that works reasonably well for fun nights out and the picture is about 2metres ish and good for a laugh outdoors.

But on a more hi-end solution I have an optoma HD projector in my living room that does the same thing but with an awesome picture for watching blu-rays on.

....if it's at the other end of your garden why not mount the projector in a shed with all the electronics and power points in and less likely to be destroyed by rain...

Just a thought.
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply