Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remote followspot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remote followspot
    Posted: 14 June 2017 at 10:57pm
Looking to hire the following, ideally as close to rotherham as possible, not looking for a jockey, just a dry hire, not really sure what info you need, it's to light a first dance up from around 6m high

Edited by nuclearbass - 14 June 2017 at 11:02pm
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 12:19am
Mate

Having been (sub contract) party to a complete abortion of a wedding this weekend, a remote follow spot has to my knowledge NEVER worked.

A Mac 2000 with an Avo Titan will give you half a chance but in real terms the reason tours pay Truck drivers to point these things will be painfully obvious after what i am sure will be a very embarassing moment.

Best remote on planet with skilled op is nearly a good as a manual spot with a random bloke off the street after 9mins training...

Avoid this at all costs!!!!!!

Cry

Edited by shagnasty - 15 June 2017 at 12:20am
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 8:50am
The reason I'm think I got remote is it's in a circus big top style marquee following a couple for their first dance and I don't think there going to be doung the cancan.

Thee follow has to be mounted shiver them from the kingpole as there's no where else it will work without blinding the guests due to the lay out.

I'm thinking a Chauvet 350 spot might work just as well tbf

Edited by nuclearbass - 15 June 2017 at 8:57am
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 10:09am
PRG recently launched groundcontrol, a system which couples the output of a luminaire to a camera system. this might work.

Any other solution..run away and burn it with fire..
the lag between signaling your brain about the direction of a moving object and adapting an x/y signal from your desk, not even mentioning the lag in a moving object outputting the light is much longer than even the motion of the world baddest ballroomdancer.
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 10:20am
It's the business partners wedding so I might just draw a box point a few spots at it and tell him he cannot go out of the box 😂
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 12:25pm
If you want to go oldskool.. the pulsar masterpiece 108 has a joystick which you can assign to any channel. with a fixture using 8 bit movement and a rather large offset on speed of that channel a moving mirror fixture can be used. still... not preferrable..  used it many times for shows in which an audience member had to be picked recieving complementary crates of beer eg with a martin 218 above the punters. problem is the fact that how further you get removed from the centre, the offset doesn't change with it, so the first 10 steps of movement yield smaller movement of the beam than any next stepts and so on.

Edited by Bams - 15 June 2017 at 12:29pm
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 1:45pm
Seriously, the pre-defined area and keeping the 'performers' in it is a good one.
If you can consistently light the whole area with a range of fixtures from different positions you can fade up and down the various zones as they move around if you don't want a big area washed out.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
DiscoHireWales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiscoHireWales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2017 at 7:09am
wow been so long since i last posted my account has been removed lol, anyway i do this fairly often i just use one of my movers thats controlled via pc (i use freestyler in my case) and use a wireless xbox controller. There is apiece of software called joytokey which you can use to program keyboard strokes into the controller. Its just a case of setting up the keyboard shortcuts in the software then :) here is a wee demo https://www.facebook.com/Lordmuttly/videos/10210939013043782/
 Post Reply Post Reply