Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RC1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Just sounded like noisey 60hz + when i heard them. And after a few steps back nothing going on. In the middle of golden palace and bk was nothing at all. That was with 6 of their boxes on sub. Very dissapointing. But just reinforces on jobs to take out much much more and have multiple stacks everywhere and rooms should be covered.

When I played 4x 18" Scoops on 1x CA18, on proper 3PH power, was a whole different type of sub.LOL

Doesn't really matter if it is three phase or not, in the street there is mostly 3 phase and you get all 3 phases or 1 of them and a Neutral on the inside. Power is always proper if the voltage is constant and there is enough current supplied. Way too many BS about 'stiff power supplies mate' going on here from my point of view. 

Exactly my thinking.

In a house or small bar, you get one leg of the same 3ph supply most places get.
Very very few amps will take a 3ph supply, so with only one amp, no advantage to using your same supply in a 2 bed semi.

Granted you may then have access to larger sockets, but again, stick a 32a breaker and tail out a ceeform from any board and you have the same thing: it's on or off, 63a breaker will let you draw the same as a 32a if the amp maxes out at 28a peaks for example.
Only way it will restrict you, is when the breaker trips.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 2:37pm
"Doesn't really matter if it is three phase or not, in the street there is mostly 3 phase and you get all 3 phases or 1 of them and a Neutral on the inside. Power is always proper if the voltage is constant and there is enough current supplied. Way too many BS about 'stiff power supplies mate' going on here from my point of view. "

The current comes from a local transformer. If the distance from the transformer to your venue is large and you have a lot of draw, you could loose substantial voltage.

Down here, things used to be really bad and I´ve set up in places where the supply would drop below 200v - especially in the bad old days before LED lighting. Or when there are a lot of coolers/fridges attached.

Old school transformer amps don´t like working with that low a voltage - they will clip sooner and available SPL suffers.

Fortunately, the old (dodgy) 220v supply here was upped to 230v+ when they started importing power from France, so less problems these days - except when generators are under-specced.  Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12