Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My knobs not working!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My knobs not working!
    Posted: 23 June 2017 at 6:33pm
Apologies, long week and once my inner child had thought of that title...

I'm fairly new to the soundweb world. I have a 9088 with a 9012 connected up on the control inputs

In software land I then have the volume control input pin tied to a gain "block" master volume fader

The issue is (and i've tried this with two 9012) when turning the volume pot from say 0% to 25% it is reflected in software perfect, but turning it past 25% or so yields no extra travel in software

Any ideas?
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 7:05pm
Have you got the proper value pots connected? 47K log. If you use a lower value, it wont go 'high' enough in value to allow the pull-up resistors to work.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 9:52pm
Well the 9012 is a complete original BSS unit? Should it not be the right value pot?
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 9:57pm
Sure. I thought you meant you were using an external volume control pot on one of the terminal inputs.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 3:48pm
Pagingb Dr Shagnasty....
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 5:20pm
have you tried just a regular gain nob? 

as in my experience having it attached to the master is a recipe for disaster 

i normally have them attached to a gain nob, post input but pre master at some point in the chain.. 

error 404
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 5:21pm
i don't have my soundweb laptop here to screenshot unfortunately 
error 404
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 6:10pm
Hi Joe,

Below is a screenshot of my setup.

Essentially it's a 9088 with two stereo inputs (DJ L&R, X32 L&R). The inputs go straight into an individual limiter, then into 2x source selectors (one for left signal, one for right signal) which is tied to the 9012s source selector knob, which works fine (The two dropdowns you see in the "control ports" window are grouped together, then the grouped object is tied to the input pin)

The outputs from the L&R source selectors then feed into a 2 input Gain object, for which the Master fader is then tied to the input pin

Any ideas?
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 6:26pm
whats after that?

error 404
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 6:56pm
Manufacturer preset library bits that don't really do much for this issue :)
brokenjoe View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokenjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 7:38am
have you tried attaching to a non master fader?  seeing if it has the same issues 

I need the software in front of me to remember all the options

error 404
 Post Reply Post Reply