Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YES-I-JAH-HI-FI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TacticalSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 4:03pm
what amp do you recommend for 2 or 4 pd 1852...
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 4:33pm

E90-MC2 Void Infinite-8 Powersoft K10 Or20 I'm sure others will add to the list.
Soundbite
TacticalSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TacticalSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 6:29pm
i have been looking to this qsc pl380...  

can i connect 2 in series on each channel.. (pd1852. 8ohm) so they turn to 4 ohm  2500w per channel in 4 ohm at the amp.
maybee thats to little and i just have to go with one sub each channel... every channel got 1500w at 8 ohm...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TacticalSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 6:31pm
qsc pld4.5 maybee would work for 4 subs? 
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 7:53pm
[QUOTE=TacticalSound] i have been looking to this qsc pl380...  

can i connect 2 in series on each channel.. (pd1852. 8ohm) so they turn to 4 ohm  2500w per channel in 4 ohm at the amp.

That's 2500 @ 1kh fine if your covering freq just below and above but you want to cover sub bass freq so you need to allow for that also if you connect the speakers in series (16ohm) you will not be able to drive them effectively,you really need the speakers to be connected in parallel or the amp to be switched to Bridge mode whether the PL380 can deliver that I'm not sure ive never used one but they are a good amp from what people say.
Not sure if the PL4.5 will be able to deliver what you want

https://www.abeltronics.co.uk/amptesting.php

Edited by djkeet - 26 June 2017 at 8:10pm
Soundbite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TacticalSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 10:17pm
I am very thankful Djkeet for all the time you spend to help me, thanks.

it will not be serie, it would be like you say, parallel... i have spoked to a guy who work with sound equipments, and he have given me a little lesson about a few things with parallel/serie/ohm..

And i have just ordered a QSC PL380 to run at first 2 speakers, and he told me that i can go with 4 if i want.. And when the time has come and i got 4 speakers i will hear and se if it works.. if not, then it would be one more amp, but he thinks it would work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TacticalSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 9:13pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TacticalSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 9:14pm
Time to start with those Super Scoops!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TacticalSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2017 at 6:39pm

the first scoop almost done 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12