Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Double loud 6" driver for mid horn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Double loud 6" driver for mid horn
    Posted: 27 June 2017 at 9:26am
I've got a mid that's a 12, 6 and 1 all on horns.  Let's say that I want a stupidly loud driver in the 12 like a Beyma 12P80ND (700w AES, 101db sens.).  Is there any 6" driver that will come close to keeping up with it?

This looks like about the best I can find http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=BMA605ND

Edited by Risc_Terilia - 27 June 2017 at 9:31am
stevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 10:50am
I had one of those Beyma drivers in a system with a 4-ohm BMS 15N620 (101dB). It kept up and was a good match. I'm selling one in the For Sale section, by the way -  so you could get one to try without any financial penalty should you decide to resell it.

The Beyma was slightly louder than my previous reference, the Audax PR170 - and sounded the same. You could also look at the 18Sound 6N410. Its claimed sensitivity is even higher than the Beyma, but you'd really need to compare them side by side to be sure.
Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by stevie stevie wrote:

I had one of those Beyma drivers in a system with a 4-ohm BMS 15N620 (101dB). It kept up and was a good match. I'm selling one in the For Sale section, by the way -  so you could get one to try without any financial penalty should you decide to resell it.

The Beyma was slightly louder than my previous reference, the Audax PR170 - and sounded the same. You could also look at the 18Sound 6N410. Its claimed sensitivity is even higher than the Beyma, but you'd really need to compare them side by side to be sure.

Thanks Stevie that's a really useful perspective.  I'll have a look at the 6N410.  

Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 5:45am
Limmer says the Ciare 6.38 mr3 is smoother in the 042 (than 6N410)

Risc_Terilia View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2017 at 12:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply