Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

g-sub pd 186

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: g-sub pd 186
    Posted: 04 March 2009 at 3:55pm
hi.

doe's anyone here use the g-sub loaded with the pd 186.

how do they perform loaded with these transducer's.

thanks rus. Smile

Stray-Sounds View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray-Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 7:39pm
Must be pretty good as they are the recomended driver.

<a href="http://www.soundhirewales.co.uk/">PA & Lighting - Sound Hire Wales</a>

levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Stray-Sounds Stray-Sounds wrote:

Must be pretty good as they are the recomended driver.

LOL
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 9:44pm
Any correctly tuned 2 x 18 with PD186's in will rattle your fillings out indoors, two for each 150 people maybe? Not the holy grail of sub for dub but in any other world they will be mad. Personally I would build a bigger cab, or four of the B&C's. You CAN use them without kick, just EQ up a bit.
It's everything, not everythink!
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 11:02pm
hi.

i've desided to not bother using xb in gsub ill use the xb in a diffrent box but i will build some gsubs two or four not shure yet i've heard that the xb might not be the best in the gsub so pd 186 it is.

if anyone can shed a little more light on how the pd186 is in the gsub i would apreciate it.

thanks rus.
Stray-Sounds View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stray-Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 12:04am
I heard a fane collosus loaded gsub a while back and thought it sounded pretty good!
you might be better off using your fanes for now until you got a bigger amp cos the 2000 might not be anough for 4 pd186.

<a href="http://www.soundhirewales.co.uk/">PA & Lighting - Sound Hire Wales</a>

RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Stray-Sounds Stray-Sounds wrote:

I heard a fane collosus loaded gsub a while back and thought it sounded pretty good!
you might be better off using your fanes for now until you got a bigger amp cos the 2000 might not be anough for 4 pd186.

hi.

straysounds i wont be using the matrix xp2000h for the pd 186 loaded gsubs ill get some diffrent amps for them not shure what yet. 
logicsense View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logicsense Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 1:19pm
Rus,

I have have some pd 186 loaded G-subs i have been using for a while now and have been continully impressed with there performance across a wide selection of music. I strongly recommened that combination, especially if your wood working skills are not the best as they are a very easy build.
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 1:31pm
hi.

thanks logicsence it's good to hear that that combination is good and works well together i dont know yet if ill build two or four gsubs if i build two ill have just one stack of speakers if i build 4 ill have two stacks of speakers so a stereo setup might just go for x15's on the top if i could get three x15's on a gsub longways then ill do it.

logicsence how have you wired your speakers are they separate or parrallel ect.

and what amp are you powering them with.

and my woodwork skills are prety good.

thanks rus. Smile  
logicsense View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logicsense Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 3:08pm

I have wired them parrellel 4ohm per cab, good thing with these cabs is you can have all the necessary wiring inside the bin and only one plug per bin, saves buying more cables!

Powering them with Yamaha P7000 at the moment, one bin per channel, does the job but the Yamaha isnt the best amp.

Edited by logicsense - 27 March 2009 at 3:09pm
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 11:57am
try the p7000 into 2ohm on sub.

I did once it went in to protect with kick of the bass drum.

haha
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
 Post Reply Post Reply