Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hd15 - my versioin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 6:11pm
Yes havnt seen them in a while but nice for the money :-)
im sure a comunity bph is a good idea

Edited by Mark James - 29 July 2013 at 6:12pm
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

im sure a comunity bph is a good idea

Which is what I'm proposing with this

http://www.freespeakerplans.com/forum/44-roots-culture/20372-15-bph-kick-for-scoops
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 6:32pm
I like the idea would work with flh subs too
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

I like the idea would work with flh subs too

Also "plenty" of drivers that would work, from cheap (ferrite) to very expensive (Neo) range.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 6:54pm
defo why not, the difference in the plott I posted is.... nothing one has just had smoothing added, this is what has been done to the plott u posted lev, going back to the phone call with you, I built the design you posted a few years back from mdf, and its on par with a hd15, but not an improvement on the hd15.....

graphs even an rta one can be incorrect, the second point about the graph I posted is, looking at the graph im well down in the 150hz to 10k hz compared to the bass, this was not so, as mic placement has a massive effect on any reading taken.... ok its a plott of a complete system, but still highlights how a plott can look very different by adding smoothing and placement of mic.
https://www.elements-audio.com
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

but still highlights how a plott can look very different by adding smoothing and placement of mic.

Yep plot doesn't tell full story, but it is a necessary start.

Take a look at this thread, HD15 Sims thread,

http://forum.speakerplans.com/hd15-driver-sims_topic2617.html

At least a 100 different driver plots of the HD15 cab, from some very knowledgeable  people, who often use HR, to design BPH hybrids.

Need HR plot of TDA-15, to even start comparing it with HD15 Bee, this can't be done on one person's opinion, or findings.

Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 9:39pm
If you want i can fully draw it out in sketchup with every panel being a different part, and sim it in hornresp. Takes me roughly half an hour to do it accurate. Will be by tomorrow evening, first I've got some tops to paintTongue
Best regards,
Teun.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Teunos Teunos wrote:

If you want i can fully draw it out in sketchup with every panel being a different part, and sim it in hornresp. Takes me roughly half an hour to do it accurate. Will be by tomorrow evening, first I've got some tops to paintTongue

Clap
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 9:54am
Paint does not arrive for two hours, or at least that's the courier's e.t.a.

So first up the raw panels with measurements. The angle of the baffle was a little ill-defined so i chose 32 degrees, slightly lower than it looks like in the plans. This can be altered easyli though.

The measurements of the horn path and chamber volumes, bruto=gross.

What it COULD look like

And finally the sim. So i deducted roughly 5Lt for the rear mounted driver, and added 3Lt to the front chamber due to the volume inside the cone. So at first as a raw sim it doesn't look half bad, but surely not the 60Hz shown in TDA's measurement. 
Sim made in 2pi.s.r. which is 1 cab placed on the floor, or 2 cabs placed on top of subs.

The driver used for the sim is the RCF L15S800, which is quite a hard hitter (4''VC, Stiff suspension and very stiff cone, strong motor) when placed in BPH's that gives a really, really punchy sound. Other drivers with softer suspension that sound more hifi may be more suited for Reggae like kick style i guess Lev prefers? Any driver suggestions?

Also, my BPH's i built a year ago are pretty much the same layout etc, only 400mm internal height and slightly deeper, and they go nowhere near 60Hz flat, more like 80Hz flat which is what these seem to do as well. Note; My BPH's measure the same as my sim
They are most outer left cabs on top of the subs in the centrestack in the pic below.

Edit: replaced the sim screenshot with the proper one.

Edited by Teunos - 30 July 2013 at 10:46am
Best regards,
Teun.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 10:26am
Awsome, good job Teun!

Very nice to see the pic with the measurements, makes it a lot clearer for me how to get HR input data of existing cabs or drawings.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 10:26am
very nice cad work there Thumbs Up
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2013 at 10:27am
so the sim reflects the rta hear toEmbarrassed, but the hr plott matches my findings done a few years back....

Edited by bee - 30 July 2013 at 10:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>