Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Height adding box or something else?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Height adding box or something else?
    Posted: 27 January 2015 at 5:44pm
Greetings!

What kinda solutions have you used when you needed to get midtops higher than they are?

When I stack my subs and put the tops on em they are a bit too low blasting straight to face. Would be nice to get them a bit higher.

Should I just make a "box" or what...

Thanks!
"what!?"
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 5:46pm
I've seen where people have made tall tilt boards. not sure how they lock the midtops onto the boards though.
You can't polish a turd!
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 5:57pm
are pole mounts an option?

adam hall sm707 for the tops, sm20 for the subs.. you get the drift..
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 5:58pm
Build more subs Tongue
Reverence Sound system

app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

are pole mounts an option?

adam hall sm707 for the tops, sm20 for the subs.. you get the drift..

I dont want poles.

Building a box would take some space so need to find a solution which would not take a lot of space but would do the job.

Maybe a "box" without sides...That would be kinda wobbly thou I think...

Like this ] if you rotate that anticlock wise...

One option would be to make/find a box for the wires etc and use that as the height adding box.
"what!?"
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 6:59pm
This is not a common problem if your system is 3way but 2way is a different thing.

What options is there than poles or a box of somekind?

Of course it should look nice too...

"what!?"
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 7:02pm
...and it should not be something that rattles...
"what!?"
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 7:04pm
You don't want poles = moar subs!

VERY simple. Wink
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 7:10pm
LOL

Need to get some € stashed before I can do that... It is in my plans thou.

Then Id need another amp too. And after that I might need more midtops and it never ends,I bet you know itBig smile

"what!?"
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 7:11pm
Basically sounds like poles are exactly what you need, add height take up no room, don't look terrible and don't have to worry about ratcheting the tops to the subs.

can just build a box to put under it if you want, maybe make it an ideal size to fit your top inside it for protection when its being moved?

or yeah, more subs

Edited by Adam_Iron_Horse - 27 January 2015 at 7:12pm
Kryptonik Sound Kollective

www.facebook.com/kryptoniksoundkollective
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Adam_Iron_Horse Adam_Iron_Horse wrote:

Basically sounds like poles are exactly what you need, add height take up no room, don't look terrible and don't have to worry about ratcheting the tops to the subs.

can just build a box to put under it if you want, maybe make it an ideal size to fit your top inside it for protection when its being moved?

or yeah, more subs

Thats what im talking aboutClap Great idea! That way it dont take a lot of extra space!Thumbs Up
"what!?"
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by app app wrote:

Originally posted by Adam_Iron_Horse Adam_Iron_Horse wrote:

or yeah, more subs

Thats what im talking aboutClap Great idea! That way it dont take a lot of extra space!Thumbs Up

haha sorted!
Kryptonik Sound Kollective

www.facebook.com/kryptoniksoundkollective
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>