Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello good people.. FTH-12 plans please!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello good people.. FTH-12 plans please!?
    Posted: 16 October 2016 at 8:13am
Hello people... I am excited to stumble across your forum..  I would love to build a few of these. I have done much research and I was set on building the MTH-30 until I came across Tony Wilkes FTH-12,  but I can not find the plans anywhere. Ouch Can anyone be so kind as to direct me to the plans? Thank you so much for your time, and have a great day... 
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 10:43am
I'm sure member Bee will be able to build these for you, he owns a lot of the rights of TW designs
You can't polish a turd!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 1:07pm
look uo the THAM12. its an almost perfect copy of the fth12... iv got one and its a nice little box. i also have 3x MTH30!!

both good boxes and i use the PD sb30's in all of them! for 400w and in my bar they make one hell of a noise used in SINGLES!
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
DemonKnight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 4:11pm
Hello and thank you for your quick response....
I am not looking for anyone to build one for me but I do appreciate the direction. I am not familiar with "bee"
I am just looking for the FTH-12 plans as they were free, and available on Tony Wilkes site before he passed (so I am seeing in the posts he was a pretty great guy) so I really hope that I can still obtain a copy of it. It seems like people are coveting these plans for some reason, and the actual person who made them "Tony Wilkes" was more then happy to share them for free, so I hope we can carry his legacy on by being generous as he was and sharing as he intended.. 
I would love to see how these FTH-12'S stack up against the MH-30, and the THAM - 12'S (SIZE/SOUND ect) Thanks 
patryk1305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patryk1305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 5:23pm
Bee is a forum member on here. I would talk to him as I know he can help you out. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 5:39pm
Hello there I really appreciate the quick response, and alternative.. I am just starting to mobile DJ, and I am looking for "the best bang for the buck" so to say as far as size/sound/ mobility... This is why I chose the FTH-12. It seems like the best compact option, but I am looking into now the THAM-12 now.
Your preferred speaker for the THAM-12 build seems to be hard to find in the US are there any alternatives that match up and are equally matched sound vs price? Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 5:41pm
Thank you kind sir, I will try to search for him this evening when I have more time..
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 6:06pm
afternoon guys, happy to help and email you the plans. All I ask from you in return is a small donation to the British heart foundation in Tonys honour... or a heart foundation in your region/area country.....

https://www.elements-audio.com
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 6:15pm
it's not that people are coveting the plans as such, i think people are just looking out for how tony wanted stuff. he did give the plans to people who asked, but i don't think he published them, because he didn't want people building them for money. so plans were handled on a case by case basis by tony.. and i think that's probably what Bee (ben) looks after now.
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 12:32am
@cravings correct, most plans were given away by tony, when the recommended driver was purchased from him.

A lot of the plans I have were prototype stuff and never released, some are non free plans, the designs he did give away I still do hand out, but only after a donation is made. I think this is a fair request.

designs like the Q18fp were a collaboration between myself and Tony and will never be given away as these had a lot of time in research and development, and are apart of my core range of cabs I sell.

the q/fp range has been extended with 12" versions 15" and 21" versions. These were just ideas when Tony was with us, and very much left on the shelf after his passing. But with a bit of pushing from a good friend and a good friend of Tonys, Ive been re looking in to the q/fp range and I'm in advanced r&d stage on a few new models.

Edited by bee - 17 October 2016 at 12:34am
https://www.elements-audio.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 4:17am
Hello kind sir, I just made a donation to the British heart foundation in Tony"s honor, (and as well for 2 people in my family who have passed from heart disease). if i could paste the screen shot conformation on here I would. I can't seem to figure out how to upload images. I commend you on supporting this cause in his name, and I think he would greatly appreciate what you are doing to support the cause. I salute you good sir! 

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 11:08am
DemonKnight:

You need at least 10 posts then you can talk to bee via the PM system.

As mini-mad has said, the FTH-12 and the Tham-12 are very similar, they were designed independently at around the same time and Tony (FTH-12) and Anders (Tham-12) spoke freely on the FTH-12 and Tham-12 threads about the two designs being almost Identical despite being developed separately.

I have 4 Tham-12s loaded with the Beyma 12LX60V2 drivers and for their size they are very impressive indeed, they often surprise people as they are very capable....

.... Friday before Last I was DJing alongside a Ska band in a venue that is licenced for about 150-200 people, when setting up I asked the band if they would like to play via my sound system, they looked down at the 4 little thams and politly declined, however as soon as I sound checked they were asking what the hell they were and said they would have no problems playing via my system.
At the end of the night they asked where they could 'Buy' some as they said the thams are so much better than the much larger 15's they currently use and they couldn't believe the sound from such small boxes.

Obviously if you need a system that can do sub 40hz then they aren't for you.

Edited by APW - 17 October 2016 at 11:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>