Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help with eminence speaker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with eminence speaker
    Posted: 07 April 2009 at 6:22am
hello  I want to replace a eminence 18  speaker, but it dont have enough info to get what kind of speaker is it
 the only info that i found on it  was: 
 N18/4
 and more numbers.
 if somebody know about what kind of eminence speaker is it please tell me
Im hard to learn but still asking
philipbeyma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philipbeyma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2009 at 8:19am
you can email direct  to the eminence and they will reply, i have the same problem with some eminence drivers  and they give me the data sheet of the drivers.just give the code model and tell them you cant find any data of this drivers..Smile
aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 2:44am

T for answer  but I found a problem here  i send two emails to eminence  and no answer in eminence site  I found it,  the my cabinet is sonic loaded with a pair of eminence subs the problem is eminence made the speakers and sell it to sonic, then I email to sonic questioning   about the speakers for t/s parameters the dont give me to much info "they dont want to"I found that eminence site call it oem  sell the speakers to sonic I think it is the problem they dont want to give info  but sonic make the same, still  the same  I dont know what kind of eminence is my speaker the only thing  sonic told me it if the speaker is the factory cabinet it is 600w but dont gave me the t/s parameters btw eminence will loss a client and sonic too  I will try peavey

aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 2:45am
i wait to ppl understand my bad englishEmbarrassed
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 3:23am
Might be able to identify by the look.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2009 at 7:51am
"eminence will loss a client and sonic too  I will try peavey "

Scratch Peavey, Yamaha, and many others too. Eminence makes their lower priced products as well.

Actually, you're going about this all wrong. You don't care what the specs on the blown drivers are/were. What you need is the net volume of the cabinet and the dimensions of the port. Those will help you determine what to put in the cabinet.
djk
aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 7:06am
here are  the pics,   this speaker come in the sonic  R218 cabinet I bought it like 3 years ago
the only thing that I know is it the  speaker are rated 600w it told me the sonic yesterday when called them for t/s parameters about this speaker  the eminence site say this speaker is OEM.

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 12:58pm
Looks like Sigma Pro18
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 4:55pm
It looks more like a varient of the older Sigma, with the smaller magnet.

In any event, my comments about box size still apply.
djk
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 7:06pm
Measure the voicecoil, is it 4" or 3" (75mm or 100mm)?
 Sigma will be 3". I have an older, Pre-Sigma 3" PS series, the suspension is not like the one you show. The one with the raised suspension will probably be forerunner to Omega Pro. PS series, PS18-600 ish.
It's everything, not everythink!
aperrado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aperrado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 9:29pm
if yhe voice coil is the bottom of speaker it measure 4"
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 10:00pm
Then its not a Sigma. This is the same chassis as the PS18-600 or Omega Pro. Any decent re-cone shop will be able to do this re-cone, the current Omega Pro kit may even fit. I would ask around for a re-cone for a PS-18 600. Either that or just buy a current Omega Pro.

18150 is the re-cone kit no.

If it measures 4" across where the paper meets the yellow I'm confident its a derivative of the PS18-600. Modern version being

However if it's 3" its a PS18-400/Sigma

Edit, spelling
Derivative  Doh!

Edited by nickyburnell - 11 April 2009 at 11:43pm
It's everything, not everythink!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>