Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here is the original EV T18 Plan!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 9:42pm
I was looking to build the T18's... Its the first time i'm attempting this and i'm pleased to have come across the plan for it... But, I was wondering what the light green part inside the box was?... Is that where you're supposed to put the cotton wool type thingy lol?... I think it's polyester stuffing right?... Any help would be very much appreciated
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 10:16pm

Aaaah the T18. I happen to be building 4 at the moment, not because it's a could bass bin but

because I live in Durban and we have the biggest Asian population outside of India and the Asian DJ eyes light up like christmas tree when they see them and being in hiring business good for me.Wink  
Vinster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:11pm

Wow 4 of those loaded with the right drivers would be the business lol... I have never made anything like this before and i just want to build 1 just for the sake of it lol. Since you mentioned your building some... I was wondering if you could tell me what material to put inside... I read up on this site and it said that glass fibre will break apart, so polyester stuffing should be used inside... The stuff that they use to stuff duvets... I think the material goes where they've shown the greyish outline in this plan, it looks like the handle covers a part of it.

tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 11:09am
Originally posted by CHAMPION CHAMPION wrote:

and 18-sound LW1400 best driver in that cab !!

looks like a RCF/B&C magnet

Edited by tweeter box - 24 May 2010 at 11:09am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 5:59pm
Hi Vinster we get a greenish stuff out here thats made from recycled plastic cooldrink bottles it
really tough and is used insulation in roofs it's about 50mm thick so normally put 2 layers in and
attach it with a staple gun works perfectly. I will be loading my T18's wit Fane 18XB. 
djyves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djyves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

Originally posted by CHAMPION CHAMPION wrote:

and 18-sound LW1400 best driver in that cab !!

looks like a RCF/B&C magnet

lots of brands have that kind of magnets 18 sound, yorkville, rcf, b&c, enz.
"If brute force doesn't work, you're just not using enough!"
Vinster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 1:10am
Cheers for ur help bruce... I was looking to load my t18's with the pd186 driver.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 4:12pm
pd 186 good choice unfortunately no agent for PD in RSA so I had to go with the Fane's
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Hugo Biermann Hugo Biermann wrote:

For The Last TimeCensored

Its drawn off the scan that was on the forum a good wile ago.

My Pleasure.....

img134/4216/electrovoicet18qv3.jpg
http://www.nrgrecording.de/T18_electro_voice.pdf
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:46am
Originally posted by bruce@bluff bruce@bluff wrote:

pd 186 good choice unfortunately no agent for PD in RSA so I had to go with the Fane's

Bruce the Fane XB's sound very musical in these cabs, if thats the sort of sound your looking for, similar to the Electrovoice EVX-180B drivers
Sticks n Stones
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 12:09pm
RCF L18S800  801

Very smmoth, very loud

Don't underestimate these bins, size v output is very cool in, "Normal" music scenarios

You want DUB sound in a package nearly as small, then the Staip Micro 15" scoop is the one.
Not above 100hz though, whereas the t18 is happy much higher.

Merry Christmas
It just is.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

RCF L18S800  801

Very smmoth, very loud

Don't underestimate these bins, size v output is very cool in, "Normal" music scenarios

You want DUB sound in a package nearly as small, then the Staip Micro 15" scoop is the one.
Not above 100hz though, whereas the t18 is happy much higher.

Merry Christmas
did you check that link Builder and Champ?

nothing like the sketch aboveConfused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>