Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hifi sound quality with PA SPL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 10:00pm
Maybe arcs 2. Anyway l'acoustics is what sounds most hifi  to me! No other brands really come to my mind directly. Maybe nexo 
We need more SPL!
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 12:20am
Community makes various versions of the R2, I was quite impressed when I first heard these, even though the version I heard only had the cheap Eminence 1" driver above 4Khz. The Eminence sounded fine on music, but nasty on live (uncompressed) vocals (made frying-bacon noises). We were driving it with a 2.8KW amplifier outdoors in a big field.

They made a version with a 2" ring-radiator tweeter (and a Baltic-birch cabinet), but the best version now has a 1.4" exit HF driver.

http://www.communitypro.com/sites/default/files/R2-94Max_Spec.pdf

I had some of these:

http://www.communitypro.com/sites/default/files/TFR94_spec.pdf

(Baltic-birch with the ring-radiator)

djk
Pinheiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinheiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 7:31am
Hi all

take an look at this

http://www.meyersound.com/sites/default/files/x-10_ds.pdf

and is subwoofer more or less

http://www.meyersound.com/sites/default/files/x-800_ds.pdf

and one fast google look on X 10 and the result is this

http://audiophilereview.com/audiophile/the-25-ultimate-audiophile-speakers-of-all-time.html

it is lots off €€€€€€€

yours Vitor
Daniel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 10:28am
The bigger the system the harder it is to keep i "hifi".
For smaller to medium sized venues I'd say Meyer or Kling & Freitag make rather hifi sounding stuff.
Distortion is evil
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 10:53am
I think that's wrong. I think there's a magic ratio between efficiency, electronics, room size/shape, driver/cab size and volume.

Play any hifi speaker loud and they don't sound so great. Play any PA stuff quiet and it don't sound too great either. If someone wanted to design a proper large scale hifi they probably could and it'd sound amazing. But it'd be a tiny teeny market for it once the budget is in place.

Edited by SamV - 11 August 2016 at 10:53am
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 12:17pm
danley sound labs products should all be pretty 'hi-fi'. I've built my own unity horns and they blow everything else I have heard out the water. and they array well. or the jericho horns are one box solutions.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Daniel S Daniel S wrote:

The biggest issue would be budget. I am one of the few here that have a sound system that can easily deliver 20 Hz - 20,000 kHz (Most heard me state numerous times I do not use HPF & LPF filters) however, it required me thinking more independently and not being mesmerised by marketing hype and moving with the crowd.

Best Regards, 

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 11 August 2016 at 3:10pm
Elliot Thompson
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 3:23pm
Surely the need to cut through the sound of thousands of excited folk swallowing, snorting farting, belching and generally yabbering away precludes the use of a hifi-esque top end for most public address systems ..Big smile
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
PavelP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PavelP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 10:40pm
Hi,Elliot! Tell me more about your system or where can I read about it?
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Originally posted by Daniel S Daniel S wrote:

The biggest issue would be budget. I am one of the few here that have a sound system that can easily deliver 20 Hz - 20,000 kHz (Most heard me state numerous times I do not use HPF & LPF filters) however, it required me thinking more independently and not being mesmerised by marketing hype and moving with the crowd.

Best Regards, 

surely your amps have HPF and LPF in them Wink
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 11:37am
Indeed, unless they are all DC coupled which seem unlikely Big smile
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 11:49am
To my ear Meyer CQ-1, UPQ-1P, UPJ-1P and UP4 sound very different compared to other PA loudspeakers. Would love to hear X-10. Oh and Meyer Amie walked over Dynaudio Air15 and Genelec 8351 when we did small comparison.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>