Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hogs vs Supers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 9:27am
Originally posted by jack-red-eye jack-red-eye wrote:

And have gash not sold off their hogs for USB's?.

No, they're still tucked in the corner of their unit, looking massive.
jack-red-eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack-red-eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:50pm
Are they selling them is the question then?
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 1:14pm
I actually contacted Gash a couple of days ago asking to buy there hogs and they responded very politely telling me that they had decided to keep them.

As far as I am aware Ive only every seen hogs for sale a handfull of times. I believe HBL sold his to gash who then got tom at stable to armour plate them in ply. The other time there were 4 ply ones that went to fuzzylogic, im sorry but ive forgotten who it was who was selling them. I was fighting to try and get those 4 hogs but just couldnt get a van together as quickly as fuzzy could. If any do come up for sale I have cash sat here waiting to buy some more.

Edited by fat_brstd - 05 January 2011 at 1:16pm
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack-red-eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 4:55pm
well it looks like building may be the best option,
ive never seen any come up with the exeption of gash's a while back.

Shortstack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortstack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 5:52pm
Have run both supers and hogs, hogs play lovely loud and low with 1850's, supers much nicer with v1000 or 186's are a little power shy for my liking than 1850's.

I prefer the hogs but that is personal preferance 
i dont think that 1850's in supers is a good idea sound to brutal for my liking.

Shortstack Audio Leeds, Lets Bring the Noise
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 6:14pm
maybe you dont have the midtop section sorted yet...if thats the case and you never built boxes before, you can start by building some nice reflex midtops, 15" upper bass bin would be an easy job, so you start to have some experience with screws, glue, panels. then you can build superscoop or hog but if its the first woodwork, it can be difficult.

i have built 4 x hogs and the first one was "nightmare" to built, while the others were a much better/faster work, especially to screw the braces.

hog would take 2sheets and a half, superscooper can be built with 2, if you put pd1850 in hog you have to make a small modification to fit the driver.

hogs and superscoops in the same yard

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack-red-eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:03pm
Nice looking stacks there !

Problem is my mid-top section is sorted.

I am pretty set on the hog now but have decided im not in a massive rush to get them
The scoops i run at the moment are mr dubz and im told to put 1850's in them before upgrading and i might be pleasently suprized so its gonna be the drivers for me first. After a while i will start to gather the funds for hogs and start the build, then eventually upgrade.

Expect many questions on the forum, im determined to get it perfect first time.
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:43am
if the scoops you already have are good enough, you can just "upgrade" drivers to pd1850 and if it is really needed you can add other 2 of the same scoops in the future...why change all bass section when you already have 4xgood bins?
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack-red-eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 12:56pm
Because ive not been impressed with them with fane xb's and im expecting the same results with the 1850's (which is not performing to their full caperbilities).

If im happy with my currents scoops with 1850s then yeah il probably keep them but i recon hogs will use the driver much more efficiantly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12