Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ideal settings for PD154 loaded HD's on the DCX?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ideal settings for PD154 loaded HD's on the DCX?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tekcsedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideal settings for PD154 loaded HD's on the DCX?
    Posted: 28 December 2015 at 7:31pm
Finally my drivers and boxes are on their way to me and should be here in a few days,so I decided to start researching for the correct settings.
Other than the fact that I need a 50hZ low pass, I can't find much else.
Anybody with experience can chime in regarding this?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 8:29pm
50hz high pass, not low pass. can run them up to about 150hz.. any other setting will be dependent on what speakers you have above and below.
tekcsedi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tekcsedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 9:04pm
Nothing below,and some generic reflex tops above.

Any other advice?
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 9:14pm
  If you're using at least four HD's in a stack you may get away with high passing a little lower, say 45hz, also, if you have reflex tops above then they may need a delaying to the HD's to get everything coherent and 'punchy'.
tekcsedi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tekcsedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 9:19pm
Great!
Thanks to both of you for the solid advice.
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 3:31pm
It's been a few years but I recall the delay length from reflex to HD15 being about 70cm, you can set this on the tops in your DCX.
 Post Reply Post Reply