Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas for 4 jbl 2242h drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas for 4 jbl 2242h drivers
    Posted: 26 May 2016 at 6:34am
Hi all,  I have acquired 4 of these drivers and they are original and mint, most of what I have seen online is for cinema applications. are there any people out there that have experience using these drivers for pa?
i was thinking the b&c sub18 but read that the tuning might be incorrectly stated on the plan. or would a taped horn or hybrid/cubo be the way to go. I currently have 4 tham15s 2226 loaded and they are superb. Greg  
Daniel S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 7:36am
It used to be the JBL top of the line PA driver some 20 years ago or so. Usually used in reflex boxes, like the venue series: 

PD series: 

HLA series:

But also in hornloaded boxes like the JBL Dance Stack system they made early 2000.

It was also sold as a raw driver and mostly used in vented boxes.

Edited by Daniel S - 26 May 2016 at 8:12am
Distortion is evil
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 8:05am
I've some in ported reflex boxes...lovely Hifi sounding driver.
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 1:14pm
Also used in the more recent STX series http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/portable-market/stx800-series/stx828s, presumably after the cost of Neo went up as used in the previous SRX series.
Greg32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 5:00am
Ok it looks like reflex from most of the above, thank you all for your input. I wasn't aware of some of those designs. I was hoping someone here may have tried the 2242 in a taped horn. Greg
 Post Reply Post Reply