Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Increasing size from M6 to M8 T nuts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Increasing size from M6 to M8 T nuts
    Posted: 07 September 2012 at 5:43pm
I've recently had some Hogs built but they have been t-nutted to fit M6 bolts. My PD1851s arrived today and they require M8 bolts, what is the best way to increase the size of the hole so I'm able to mount the drivers? 
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 5:49pm
Should be a peice of "pee" to sort with a hog, no?

Take the old driver out, remove existing tnuts, redrill with 8mm bit, offer up the new 8mm tnuts and then clamp them into the wood (G Clamp or such)

Edited by spongebob - 07 September 2012 at 5:50pm
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

Should be a peice of "pee" to sort with a hog, no?

Take the old driver out, remove existing tnuts, redrill with 8mm bit, offer up the new 8mm tnuts and then clamp them into the wood (G Clamp or such)

+1000
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:00pm
Cheers thought it'd be a simple job just wanted to make sure.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:23pm
Just make sure that the new tee is seated properly.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Just make sure that the new tee is seated properly.

This! you don't want the last tee to fall out Ouch

Run around them all first with a washer instead of the basket, with an electric drill you can get them to bite fully in no time Smile
grazzeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazzeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:54pm
i literally just finished the exact same job. 

did 4 hogs, last hog top t-nut i think has poped out, its not gripping! 

so pissed off. left it to change on a rainy day my screw driver ran out of battery!! lol
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2012 at 3:24am
think you need a 10mm drill bit for m8 tee nuts.
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 1:06pm
Just got round to doing this today and the m6 t nuts aren't moving when trying to get them out, whats the best to remove t nuts? Or will i be fine mounting the PDs with m6 bolts?
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by dnbpc dnbpc wrote:

Just got round to doing this today and the m6 t nuts aren't moving when trying to get them out, whats the best to remove t nuts? Or will i be fine mounting the PDs with m6 bolts?

Put a bolt in them, and batter it with a hammer.
JohnnyPyro View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 1:32pm
and when you seat the new T' nuts use a big packing washer on the bolt head side, otherwise you could risk damaging the baffle with countersunk holes

Edited by JohnnyPyro - 29 September 2012 at 1:33pm
Pyrotechnics... its not rocket science, well.... actually it is !! :o)